So, I bought a Thing Too.......

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
In honor of GAD and his almost endless game of questions, I'm not going to tell you what it is either. LOL!:tongue-new:

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The person who made it didn't need it, The person who bought it didn't want it, and the person who used it didn't know it. Chew on that one for awhile.

TX

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, we know it is a once in a lifetime guitar that is better than a D55 and perhaps others but...

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
The person who made it didn't need it

That is often the case, but this leads me to believe that it was made by one person, and not a mass-produced item.

The person who bought it didn't want it

So it's used...

The person who used it didn't know it.

They didn't know they were using it?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The person who made it didn't need it

That is often the case, but this leads me to believe that it was made by one person, and not a mass-produced item.

The person who bought it didn't want it

So it's used...

The person who used it didn't know it.

They didn't know they were using it?

Believe it or not that was just a random riddle I put up there for folks to figure out but 2 of your 3 observations are correct. I also added a clue to the response of your "Ferrari" inquiry. This is fun being on the other side of the questions.

TX

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmmm. The connection between part 2 and 3 of the riddle, Mt Baggins, has me wondering. I can only guess someone didn't know what a good instrument they had and sold it. Perhaps is it painted Ferrari red ?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The individual I purchased it from did in fact know how good it was and no it is not painted Ferrari Red, Nice guess though!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
e38949947e29c7c5d16b0f47f6189216.jpg
?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I coulda had a new old stock black Crossroads a few years ago for $900. Where's the "self butt-kicking" emoji?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I coulda had a new old stock black Crossroads a few years ago for $900. Where's the "self butt-kicking" emoji?

Believe it or not this "Thing" I bought I had a chance to buy sometime ago and kicked myself in the Butt for passing on it. Luckily I got a second chance to buy it and so I did.

And yes you need a Big Butt Kicking Emoji for letting that Crossroads go for $900! Was it transparent black or solid black?

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I would just like to add that for years I thought your Avatar was antlers. I just clicked on it by mistake and see that it's flames, which makes sense given all the car talk. See, antlers made sense because Texas.

I think I need to go to bed...

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I would just like to add that for years I thought your Avatar was antlers. I just clicked on it by mistake and see that it's flames, which makes sense given all the car talk. See, antlers made sense because Texas.

I think I need to go to bed...

My Avatar pic is part of the hood of my 1949 Ford Custom Tudor. I took that pick right after we laid the flames down on it. I understand the going to bed, My eyes are crossing right now. Trying to make it through the end of this weeks episode of "Gold Rush" to see if the wildfires burn down one of the mines or not. Might have to wait until next week to see the ending as I am fading fast.

TX