Ngd f-312

beecee

Reaction score
Just a teaser as I have to run out.

Delivered yesterday, I opened it a few hours ago. Took a while for the strings to stay in tune as it was delivered loose.

Action is a tad high, heel cap is crumbling there is a slight crack in the bass side of the bottom of the back but it does not appear to go through. Rest of guitar shows slight play for a 45 year old guitar.

Minor belly, much less than expected, but: Appears to be a replacement rosewood bridge with a SLIGHT LIFT!

After she sat, re tuned 2-3 times I hit a G chord.

Moderators please excuse me:

THIS IS THE BEST ****ING 12 I have EVER heard or played

Sorry had t say it.

Unreal, my JF 30-12 sounds like a tin can compared to it. I've played F-412/512's that I have loved but this is just special.

I need to send it to Txbumper as he can describe a guitar better than I. I thought the Orpheum he sold me was superb, (and it is), but this is just

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more tomorrow...wow!!!!!!!!

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
pretty much the only 12 string i would want. nice score!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice, tell us more. tomorrow has come and gone! although you have already told us quite a bit i suppose.

got any pictures? I just scored a 1980 G-312 NT. it is going to my luthier tonight for its first set-up since 1983! like you I have also played an F-412 and an F-512. I definitely liked the 512 better, but overall have been seeming to lean, for myself, more to dread shape for long scale acoustics, and jumbo/folk/concert shape for short scale acoustics. still haven't figured out the trick to a 12'er, kinda running out of excuses, and suppose it is sink or swim with the G-312, for me.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just a teaser as I have to run out.

Delivered yesterday, I opened it a few hours ago. Took a while for the strings to stay in tune as it was delivered loose.

Action is a tad high, heel cap is crumbling there is a slight crack in the bass side of the bottom of the back but it does not appear to go through. Rest of guitar shows slight play for a 45 year old guitar.

Minor belly, much less than expected, but: Appears to be a replacement rosewood bridge with a SLIGHT LIFT!

After she sat, re tuned 2-3 times I hit a G chord.

Moderators please excuse me:

THIS IS THE BEST ****ING 12 I have EVER heard or played

Sorry had t say it.

Unreal, my JF 30-12 sounds like a tin can compared to it. I've played F-412/512's that I have loved but this is just special.

I need to send it to Txbumper as he can describe a guitar better than I. I thought the Orpheum he sold me was superb, (and it is), but this is just

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more tomorrow...wow!!!!!!!!

You sound like a happy camper :) very can’t wait to see and hear it :)

beecee

Reaction score
uh, pulled it out of case Saturday, to take pix of that and the F-47. I had it tuned way down as I was out of town for a week.

Bridge was lifting when I purchased.

It got much worse, basically hanging on by pins, so I brought it back to GC, it was listed in good condition and sold for $599. Much less than I paid for it but no mention of the bridge issue.

Heck I may have kept it for that price.

Amazing that in spite of the high action and loose bridge it really sounded wonderful. That first chord blew my mind. I want another.

Oh, the excessive cracks in the F-47 kinda got to me, brought that back too.

But I have been bonding w/the Orpheum. I only play it while wearing a velour sweat suit.

Just restrung the JF-30 12 w/the xlights Tx recommended.

geoguy

Reaction score
That's a shame . . . FYI, re-attaching a bridge is typically only a $60 to $75 repair.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm with geoguy! I'm not sure a lifting bridge would make me return a guitar I really liked and sounded great. Just ask them to reglue the bridge, or take a few bucks off and have it done yourself. It's not a big thing, really.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
uh, pulled it out of case Saturday, to take pix of that and the F-47. I had it tuned way down as I was out of town for a week.

Bridge was lifting when I purchased.

It got much worse, basically hanging on by pins, so I brought it back to GC, it was listed in good condition and sold for $599. Much less than I paid for it but no mention of the bridge issue.

Heck I may have kept it for that price.

Amazing that in spite of the high action and loose bridge it really sounded wonderful. That first chord blew my mind. I want another.

Oh, the excessive cracks in the F-47 kinda got to me, brought that back too.

But I have been bonding w/the Orpheum. I only play it while wearing a velour sweat suit.

Just restrung the JF-30 12 w/the xlights Tx recommended.

Bummer on the bridge but with fixing ask them to knock off the repair price .

F47 cracks hope was a deal as well .

I’ve checked out GC used guitars online and you never see any real photos or discription of the guitars .