F30 HR came and goes back .

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
I had no clue that Guild made the F30 in so many different body sizes. Add in the different scale lengths and nut widths and it becomes even more fun.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad luck with this F30 Ray. When I first started buying guitars online I had to go through the growing pains of actually determining the condition of the guitar in the photos as opposed to the condition the seller says the guitar is in. That is probably the major reason I got so good at finding most of the issues in photos before the purchase was made. It is a learning experience and the best thing you can do is make sure whatever you purchase has a ironclad return policy. Best of luck in your search and I hope you find the one you are looking for.

TX

Thanks Tx means a lot , I really wanted this one just for curiosity sake , curiosity cured haha

Last night I remembered the link to Guitar center in a thread in FS/FT about the D16 I was curious about that and I was giving it some thought then I read it has a hole in the back . Curiosity cured again haha .

Now Al is asking about CO -1 and 2’s lol

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
For the difference in price, tho, you can pay for a lot of neck resets, to be fair... You could buy 3 Guilds for the price of a Bourgeois, leave two unstrung and when one needs the neck reset, switch to the other...

Not necessarily. If you're carful and patient, you can get a Bourgeois for about the same price as a nice Guild. I bought my Slope D from what turned out to be an idiot of eBay for just a little over $1500. It arrived with an unprepared top crack, and a pretty shallow neck angle, but I had that all sorted for about $275, bringing my total investment to less than $1800. You can easily spend that on a used D55 or F512. And none of them sound like or have a top like mine!

31491584021_82c72e79ec_b.jpg

Or if you really hate the idea of paying for a neck reset, you can get a Riversong -- neck reset proof...

I think you mean Rainsong, and I've owned a couple of them, too. None right at the moment though.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If you're carful and patient, you can get a Bourgeois for about the same price as a nice Guild. I bought my Slope D from what turned out to be an idiot of eBay for just a little over $1500. It arrived with an unprepared top crack, and a pretty shallow neck angle, but I had that all sorted for about $275, bringing my total investment to less than $1800. You can easily spend that on a used D55 or F512. And none of them sound like or have a top like mine!

I think you mean Rainsong, and I've owned a couple of them, too. None right at the moment though.

http://www.riversongguitars.com/

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Their asking to much for them Al .
Just a running joke based on your CV-body experience , :friendly_wink:

But I been looking at them , thing is if I buy one I want to be able sell it without taking a loss .
For guitars I want as keepers NH built is tops on the list any others unless a rarity in tone is a perk the others just a curiosity and learning curve .
Just to be sure you didn't miss it, there's a glowing review of a '74, here (last post so far, #28):
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?194643-NGD-1974-Guild-F-30NT
Just to keep yer appetite whetted.
:glee:

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total

I've always been partial to Dana's original snakehead headstock. That's a good looking guitar you have there.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah but if you pay a lot of money and it takes a l-o-o-ng time then you feel like you really got your money's worth.

I've been down that road with my D50 Al. Remember when it took Fender in Nashville over 10 months to complete the neck reset back in 2010? At least they felt bad for me, and covered the whole thing under warrantee!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've always been partial to Dana's original snakehead headstock. That's a good looking guitar you have there.

This one's never going anywhere sixx. It's the replacement for a '99 that I used to own, and foolishly sold. I tried to buy it back from the guy that bought it, and he wasn't having any of it. I'll never make that mistake again!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think I’m going broke over returns ! 😠

bobouz

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but what was the year of manufacture on that F-30-hr?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but what was the year of manufacture on that F-30-hr?

Not sure serial was Af 300032 mid to late 90’s ?
One of the members mention a possible year around then I believe .

bobouz

Reaction score
Not sure serial was Af 300032 mid to late 90’s ?
Yes, the Gruhn book I have would make it a '94. I was wondering, because my Guilds from '92 & '94, as well as many others I've seen, have maintained excellent neck angles. So the problems that F-30 had are not indicative of the time period, and I guess I just was thinking that you should not give up on Guilds from that era. In fact, I'm very impressed with the two I have, and tend to keep one eye open for anything from the mid '90s!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Gruhn book I have would make it a '94. I was wondering, because my Guilds from '92 & '94, as well as many others I've seen, have maintained excellent neck angles. So the problems that F-30 had are not indicative of the time period, and I guess I just was thinking that you should not give up on Guilds from that era. In fact, I'm very impressed with the two I have, and tend to keep one eye open for anything from the mid '90s!

No I’m not giving up on anything besides that particular model I grade it an F !

The woods were nice just to thin sounding acoustly, it could fair better as a electric performer ... In theory... ?