F30 HR came and goes back .

marius

Reaction score
No oh no , no hard rock on this model lol I give it a F rating even if new .
Actually I’d be surprised if this model offered any mojo at all from the start .

I had a couple thin body acoustics but they where built with electronics. Plugged in they sounded ok unplugged forget it , the F30 HR are the forget it models . LOL
No I’m not giving up on anything besides that particular model I grade it an F !

I know I'm digging up bones on this post, but I came across this thread doing some reading on the HR finish.
I've gotta say, I have not had the same experience with my F30 HR nor with the '98 F30 HG that I played a couple of weeks ago.
Yes it does have a shallower body than your typical 000 or OM but not excessively so; we're certainly not talking Songbird territory. The depth on mine is 4" at the lower bout and 3 1/4" at the upper bout which is only 1/8" difference from a 000-18 to use a current example. The F30 HG was shallow as well; I didn't actually measure the body depth but I'd say it didn't feel different than mine.

I guess my point is, for others out there considering a F30, I would not write off all of them from the 90's based on one example.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I know I'm digging up bones on this post, but I came across this thread doing some reading on the HR finish.
I've gotta say, I have not had the same experience with my F30 HR nor with the '98 F30 HG that I played a couple of weeks ago.
Yes it does have a shallower body than your typical 000 or OM but not excessively so; we're certainly not talking Songbird territory. The depth on mine is 4" at the lower bout and 3 1/4" at the upper bout which is only 1/8" difference from a 000-18 to use a current example. The F30 HG was shallow as well; I didn't actually measure the body depth but I'd say it didn't feel different than mine.

I guess my point is, for others out there considering a F30, I would not write off all of them from the 90's based on one example.

Guess I should nave pointed the finger at that one guitar instead of the whole line . I’d need or would like hear some audio samples you have any ?

Last edited:

marius

Reaction score
I’d need or would like hear some sons samples you have any ?

I don't have any samples but I can certainly record something in the next couple of days. Fair warning though, someone on here or AGF (I don't recall which), has a signature line "So many guitars, so little talent" which describes me pretty well. Additionally my recording set up consists of nothing more than a Samson Go Mic.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't have any samples but I can certainly record something in the next couple of days. Fair warning though, someone on here or AGF (I don't recall which), has a signature line "So many guitars, so little talent" which describes me pretty well. Additionally my recording set up consists of nothing more than a Samson Go Mic.

Go for it I heard worse lol

marius

Reaction score
Here you go Rayk. As mentioned, this was recorded with a Samson Go Mic. Recorded and published with Audacity with no editing except trimming some dead air out.
The recording is kind of a stream of consciousness of things that I play when trying out a guitar. The chords in the first 30 seconds are played with a pick. Everything else, including the strumming on the front end, is fingers/fingernails.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the example you had, when you've got a couple of minutes to listen.

https://soundcloud.com/josh-walters-887479612/1998-f30-hr-sample

Last edited: