Label penmanship on Tacoma Guilds

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've probably seen more Guild labels than the average guy and I believe I can say that for the most part it's not too hard for me to figure out what's written on labels even when the penmanship is not all that great.

As someone who still writes letters (and sends them out ..... stamps and all) and who loves to get written letters back, I can appreciate good penmanship.

I too noticed that the writing on Tacoma labels is usually quite clear; not really nicely written, but easy to read. However, I've seen a few that made me wonder why they let the person, who wrote up the following example, anywhere near a label; or a pen for that matter!

D50BGSpecial_label.jpg

......... and what happened to the double-S at the end of BlueGrass?

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

THAT label looks like it was written while inside the guitar. With the strings on.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My handwriting is horrible. I think the only thing I ever write these days is a rare check, and there is a 50/50 chance I'll have to do it twice.

tommym

Reaction score
Or someone let their grandchild sign one of the labels just for fun????

Tommy

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wait..... Hans, do they write the label first and then stick it on? Or do they write it after it's stuck on?? That would be dumb!! I know YOU have an example of the D65S limited run labels which you shared with me back in the day (years ago) and they were all so precise. It's like they went out and bought a special pen just to do the labels!!! I forget the # but it was fun to see another other than 11!! Why would they stick a label like that on a guitar?? I'd be horribly embarrassed!!! Jeeze...... :hopelessness: