Guild Sighting

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Watching Friends - don't judge - Season 2, Episode 6 has a guest appearance by Chrissie Hynde (Calling Coastie) as a folk singer. She's playing a Guild. Headstock has script Guild but nothing where the G shield or Chesterfield would be. Guild actually posted a screen cap in 2015 to Facebook. Looks like it might be a -20 or -30.

11895141_10152940671531105_4876178701659858767_o.jpg

There is definitely a shot where you can see a soundhole pickup so it is probably her guitar. Lots of Google evidence suggesting is is an 80's (maybe 90's) F20.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, an F-20 (posted in the big thread of favorite Guild pics, IIRC.)

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, an F-20 (posted in the big thread of favorite Guild pics, IIRC.)

Google found a post of yours from 2015 with a not as good pic but I could not figure out where where it was so decided not to bump or necro a thread. Of course, your post in 2015 did necro a 2007 thread...

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Google found a post of yours from 2015 with a not as good pic but I could not figure out where where it was so decided not to bump or necro a thread. Of course, your post in 2015 did necro a 2007 thread...
Tag, you're it!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know if it's that episode or not, but one of my favorite scenes from Friends is when Phoebe is jealous of the new guitar slinger and angrilly asks her, "Yeah, well how many chords do YOU know how to play?" The response kills me to this day:

"Um.. all of them."

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Performing "Angel of the Morning" if I'm not mistaken. Only episode of Friends that I've had any inclination to watch. No reflection on Friends, I mostly avoid American programmes.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
I don't know if it's that episode or not, but one of my favorite scenes from Friends is when Phoebe is jealous of the new guitar slinger and angrilly asks her, "Yeah, well how many chords do YOU know how to play?" The response kills me to this day:

"Um.. all of them."

That's this episode.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
Performing "Angel of the Morning" if I'm not mistaken. Only episode of Friends that I've had any inclination to watch. No reflection on Friends, I mostly avoid American programmes.

Yep. Brief snippet of Angel of the Morning. The tag has them doing "Smelly Cat" which is more amusing for the banter than enlightening as a performance.

I confess I'm not sure how much New Zealand programming I've been able to watch. I do get a lot of shows with a BBC connection and several of them were filmed in NZ but I think the production companies were Australian or British.

fronobulax

Reaction score
Guild Total
The Friends watching continues. S2E12 has a cameo by Chris Isaak and Phoebe definitely plays a Guild. Headstock had no decoration other than the word "Guild".

01b7ae68-1259-4ccf-98b3-37b201c96c37.jpg
Edit: Nothing to see here. Someone should really read previous posts and follow links before posting. May be this is a case of a Moderator modeling acceptable behavior? If the Mod makes mistakes can people get too upset when someone else does?

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The Friends watching continues. S2E12 has a cameo by Chris Isaak and Phoebe definitely plays a Guild. Headstock had no decoration other than the word "Guild".
Lack of faceplate on headstock and apparently silk-screened logo indicates extreme likelihood of D4:
d4hr.jpg

The other dreadnoughts would have had faceplates with a Natural finished top. (Covers the D25's that had bare headstocks colored to match colored finishes, but got faceplates with Natural)
(Ok just realized I can't vouch for DV4, don't know if those got faceplates like the DV6 or not)

May be this is a case of a Moderator modeling acceptable behavior? If the Mod makes mistakes can people get too upset when someone else does?
Been a long time since we called out the torch and pitchfork brigade.
But I think the proper question is:
"If A Mod makes mistakes, who, then, shall police the Mods?"
And don't tell me "the Rockers".

q.jpg

100284475QUADROPHENIA-culture_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqFNg083D4dwMls34BZ1qmE2FpyfUSwS_XUMmgmxJiJ68.jpg

Last edited: