New Guild Day - Guild AO-3CE - Orchestra Cutaway - Natural Finish (MIM)

AZLiberty

Reaction score
One look at that action and my vote would be to send it back. Probably not worth investing in the repairs as it's not American made. My $.02

??

30 seconds with a truss rod wrench and it would be fine. Once the relief is dialed in properly the action will most likely be fine without even touching the saddle.

Do you return a new car because the seat is in the wrong position?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
??

30 seconds with a truss rod wrench and it would be fine. Once the relief is dialed in properly the action will most likely be fine without even touching the saddle.

Do you return a new car because the seat is in the wrong position?

Yes because they drilled the floor holes wrong lol

We all can speculate but we need the right pic angle to truly show what the neck is doing. A side shot is not enough . :)

PittPastor

Reaction score
The truss rod being adjusted made a huge difference. It's hard to tell from pictures. But I think the fact that it is MIM had some people leaning at the start.

All that said, it's not a bad guitar. My son is working to earning it. I think he's going to do it, and play it for a long time.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The truss rod being adjusted made a huge difference. It's hard to tell from pictures. But I think the fact that it is MIM had some people leaning at the start.

All that said, it's not a bad guitar. My son is working to earning it. I think he's going to do it, and play it for a long time.

Hehe ... yeah I read that part meself weeeeeee ...