Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is the correct answer this?

p1_uk1ig4uk3_so.jpg

TX

So I showed this to Mrs. Fro.

"Absolutely gorgeous. Almost enough to make me want to play electric."

I'm thinking I dodged a bullet although I suspect there will have to be an LTG in NJ meet up sooner rather than later.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I showed this to Mrs. Fro.

"Absolutely gorgeous. Almost enough to make me want to play electric."

I'm thinking I dodged a bullet although I suspect there will have to be an LTG in NJ meet up sooner rather than later.

I'm getting to the point where I'll need to rent a van to move all the Guilds everyone would want to see.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

I'm in on that!

So GAD, it will be interesting to hear your review of the Silver and Gold EMG'S. The ones on my Nightingale are hot all the time. Maybe I haven't played with it enough but I have a hard time getting a clean sound out of them. If you'd like to do a A-B, let me know!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm in on that!

So GAD, it will be interesting to hear your review of the Silver and Gold EMG'S. The ones on my Nightingale are hot all the time. Maybe I haven't played with it enough but I have a hard time getting a clean sound out of them. If you'd like to do a A-B, let me know!

Grot-GAD and the Nightingales, coming to a club near you!

I have other Guilds with the same pickup config but I haven't published the reviews yet. I think my X80 has this config, but that's not exactly a guitar I'd chase clean tones on.

I wish this Nightingale had HB1s, but EMGs were all the rage back then so I get why they're there.

matsickma

Reaction score
Well I suspect your Nightengale purchase was encouraged by the post for both of Dino's Nightengales when we had the thread about the Nightengale from Japan.
Life is to short to wait around.

BTW how much us S/I from Switzerland?
Have my eye on two guitars over there!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
jp, NO FAIR!! Just bought a new house (downsizing) and getting the old one ready to sell and I'm trying to REALLY organize my tools and ...... now this. I need help. And a yard sale. And new knees. And more alcohol...... jeeze.

'S prob'ly got one o' those 1-5/8" nuts and the top's all wrinkly too.
I could probably live with those flaws, though.

F312

Reaction score
Has your guitar shipped yet? You better check the weather patterns.

Raplh

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well I suspect your Nightengale purchase was encouraged by the post for both of Dino's Nightengales when we had the thread about the Nightengale from Japan.
Life is to short to wait around.

BTW how much us S/I from Switzerland?
Have my eye on two guitars over there!

I had made arrangements to buy it just before that, oddly enough.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just now got tracking info and have been told that it will go out today.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
jp, NO FAIR!! Just bought a new house (downsizing) and getting the old one ready to sell and I'm trying to REALLY organize my tools and ...... now this. I need help. And a yard sale. And new knees. And more alcohol...... jeeze.
I know, right? I want one too!

So, I thought that it was too heavy for you to lift yourself, but I guess that didn't apply. Either way, congrats, GAD! I'm always in for a Guild game.

I again find myself living the rare blue Guild dream vicariously through you, and I'm happy someone here bought that X-3000. It's been in Dino's stable for so long, and it needs to be played!

I'm excited to hear your review, but I'd be more excited to see if you decide to outfit it with HB-1s and the chrome hardware that Han's mentioned :emmersed:

Looking forward to more excellent pics as well.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I know, right? I want one too!

So, I thought that it was too heavy for you to lift yourself, but I guess that didn't apply. Either way, congrats, GAD! I'm always in for a Guild game.

I again find myself living the rare blue Guild dream vicariously through you, and I'm happy someone here bought that X-3000. It's been in Dino's stable for so long, and it needs to be played!

I'm excited to hear your review, but I'd be more excited to see if you decide to outfit it with HB-1s and the chrome hardware that Han's mentioned :emmersed:

Looking forward to more excellent pics as well.

Relevant quote re: weight:

Can your new thing be an inside thing or an outside thing as long as its tenure as an outside thing is done while it is not raining?

As the answer to the second question (re: muscles needed for unloading thing) is "yes", that you could unload it yourself without need of assistance from additional muscles, how much can you bench press?

GAD said:
Yes.

I can barely lift myself onto the bench.

Though I might be tempted to put in vintage HB1s, I'm not sure I would change to chrome. Plus I have a set of killer gold 4-wire HB1s that I bought from Hans with the intention of putting into one of my Nightbirds.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
About to turn into 8 pages of posts just about GAD's thing. Amazing... :playful:

walrus