So uh... I bought a thing

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is the correct answer this?

p1_uk1ig4uk3_so.jpg

TX

Correct or not that is lovely. Thank you.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
What do the experts say? Did Guild make an acoustic in blue 10+ years ago?
Oh yes.
In Corona and Westerly both.
D25, D4, F65ce and JF30-12 spring immediately to mind.
And Barry Gibb Songbirds.
Remember, Al has a 3-guitar rule. If he gets a D-55 he'll have to let go of another one. Or he could just decline the D-55.

Which do you think he'll do?
Tough call.
I need some rosewood in the collection even if it is another one of those beastly hard-to-play dreadnoughts.
I'm top-heavy on dreads as it is.
Now, if was blue...........

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a surprise.

I wish I knew more of your hobbies. I don't think it is a guitar, an amp, or photo gear. I don't think it's sound production gear either, as none of that could hold a loaf of bread.

I'm looking at Mig welders, because I want to learn how to weld auto sheetmetal. I don't think you bought a used Miller brand welder. ( They are blue ) It's not too heavy, bread would fit in the side where the wire goes, used would be made NOT this year, it would make noise like a bucket. Needs to be plugged in to work.

45RL15_AS01
Dang! I'm trying! As for the X-3000, I know you can haul that sucker in from the car yourself.

Congrats on the 20K mark Westerly Wood! :C) Wow!

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm also going to guess again at something techie and seemingly GAD-ish. A Snap On or Blue Point roll-away tool cart--every tinkerer's gear haulin' wet dream! :beguiled:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh man! Sorry Al! I misquoted. I thought it was Westerly Wood that breached the 20K mark. I therefore retract my best wishes and re-congratulate you correctly!
It was s'posed to be one of my famous deadpan deliveries, meant to inspire laughter....but hell I'll see yer congrats and raise ya a D55....
:friendly_wink:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Pretty certain it's not a blue bread box, thought technically, according to GAD, bread could be put in it.

GAD has not answered questions directly Guild related - is it a Guild, is there a G on the headstock - maybe because that would give away too much info?

My guess would be it's a blue Guild from over a decade ago, if there were any such things. What do the experts say? Did Guild make an acoustic in blue 10+ years ago?

Oh, Genie GAD, are we getting warmer?

Correct on all counts!

Is the correct answer this?

p1_uk1ig4uk3_so.jpg

TX

Yes!

I have to agree with frono. That is lovely!! If it wasn't that, maybe it should have been??

LOL - I like this answer.

Karma for making us wait and guess. :chargrined:

So it would appear.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
So yes, I finally caved and bought the blue X3000/Nightbird from Dino. I bought it seven days ago while in California and it still hasn't shipped. I'm currently in London and am hoping it will manage to be delivered while I'm in the same country or at least on the same coast.

Apologies for the games, but I was bored and figured a little gameplay would spice things up a bit.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
jp, NO FAIR!! Just bought a new house (downsizing) and getting the old one ready to sell and I'm trying to REALLY organize my tools and ...... now this. I need help. And a yard sale. And new knees. And more alcohol...... jeeze.

Opsimath

Reaction score
Oh, my goodness! As soon as I saw the picture TX posted, I got weak in the knees. That is absolutely freakin' beautiful!

And by the way, I think the guessing game has been lots of fun.

Congratulations on a beauty of a guitar GAD. I hope it arrives soon.

And good guessing, TX. Thanks for the preview photo!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was so sure one hint ruled out a Geetar.

So " a thing" is an awesome blue Guild Nightbird ? A bit of an understatement.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Since I guessed right I get first dibs if you ever get rid of it right? Congrats GAD, It is about time someone saved that poor girl from sitting there and not being played! I'm serious about the dibs if you ever get rid of it.

TX

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Since I guessed right I get first dibs if you ever get rid of it right? Congrats GAD, It is about time someone saved that poor girl from sitting there and not being played! I'm serious about the dibs if you ever get rid of it.

TX

That seems fair. :)

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
GAD, that "thing" is gorgeous! Congratulations! And I think you can be sure it will sound stupendous - I'm already impatient for your review!

walrus