So uh... I bought a thing

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmmm. . . not the Landmaster. Dang! And only two from the list are incorrect? How about an answer to matsickma's question?

Besides an antique tube-driven oscilloscope, the most GADish cool thing I can think of is a classic Marantz 2600 tuner. It can hold bread, right?

Hi

I have old Tektronix all-tube oscilloscope for sale - with a cart & extra plug-in input units plus a drawer for accessories ( a place for bread and "thingies" )
At the time it was new it costed more than two rooms + kitchen in ANY downtown - today I am happy if somebody gives me 100,- and hauls it away ...

So back to subject - its is NOT my tube oscilloscope. GAD - interested ??? - anybody ????

Cheers - it is Friday night here

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmm...stringed instruments make harmonic sounds made of sines and cosines. Buckets, drums, etc make sounds defined by Bessel and Neuman functions which are not harmonic.
So it seems this item isn't a musical instrument or music reproduction item.
3) Does it require electricity?

Sorry I missed this one.

"Music" is comprised of pitch, rythym, dynamics, tibre, etc., so I consider a plastic bucket thumped in time to be a "musical sound" as do many street performers in NYC.

3) Does it require electricity?

No

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Bear in mind that you should consider me the Genie here, and I will answer all questions quite literally when its in my best interest to do so. To be fair, I will also answer truthfully and will reveal when someone nails it, which I'm sure will happen soon enough. :tongue-new:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi

I have old Tektronix all-tube oscilloscope for sale - with a cart & extra plug-in input units plus a drawer for accessories ( a place for bread and "thingies" )
At the time it was new it costed more than two rooms + kitchen in ANY downtown - today I am happy if somebody gives me 100,- and hauls it away ...

So back to subject - its is NOT my tube oscilloscope. GAD - interested ??? - anybody ????

Cheers - it is Friday night here

My interest in analog 'scopes goes back only to the Tektronix 2000 series and I've already got a 2465A. I've also got a 2211 that I love but the tube got whacked in transit and it sill cost more to replace the tube than to just buy another. Thanks, though!

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Besides an antique tube-driven oscilloscope, the most GADish cool thing I can think of is a classic Marantz 2600 tuner. It can hold bread, right?

Saaweeeeettt! I have a Marantz 2252B that was my main rig, now delegated to tuner duty.

Had it cleaned and all bulbs replaced, and it sure is pretty when powered up.

Opsimath

Reaction score
Nicely done.

The answer to the first two paragraphs is "yes".

As for the last, there are two questions there. I'll say simply that it will get ruined if left in the rain.

Can your new thing be an inside thing or an outside thing as long as its tenure as an outside thing is done while it is not raining?

As the answer to the second question (re: muscles needed for unloading thing) is "yes", that you could unload it yourself without need of assistance from additional muscles, how much can you bench press?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've Got It! Is it the Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator?

PAD%2BToons.gif

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
3) Is it a Guild thing?

That would ruin the fun. :beguiled:

Can your new thing be an inside thing or an outside thing as long as its tenure as an outside thing is done while it is not raining?

As the answer to the second question (re: muscles needed for unloading thing) is "yes", that you could unload it yourself without need of assistance from additional muscles, how much can you bench press?

Yes.

I can barely lift myself onto the bench.

Who cares? LOL

Not me!

I've Got It! Is it the Illudium Q36 Explosive Space Modulator?

PAD%2BToons.gif

TX

I wish!

Not worth the energy guessing, I'll just what for the pictures. Because you know there's gonna be pictures!

There's gonna be pictures, but it won't be here for a while. :tongue-new:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fact 9) It is coming from far away, since it won't be here for a while. OR... it's a custom thingy. But since he said it wasn't made THIS year, I think the custom guess is off the mark.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fact 9) It is coming from far away, since it won't be here for a while. OR... it's a custom thingy. But since he said it wasn't made THIS year, I think the custom guess is off the mark.

It wasn't made this decade.