"New Old Stock" DV-52

Reaction score
I'm seeking opinions about the 2001 DV-52 I bought today for $1,200. It is pristine, niether the guitar or the Guild marked OHSC have a single mark on them. The plastic is still on the pick gaurd peeling up just at the edges. Story here in Seattle is that it was a gift from Guild to a gentleman who was a Guild dealer and he put it away having never played it. It had a dampit in the case along with the original warranty card. I plan on playing it daily, taking it to lessons and hauling it around when I travel or go to festivals.

Thanks any comments would be appreciated.

InvisibleWren

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello fellow PNWer! What kind of opinions are you looking for? I think that it's awesome you found it in such great shape. That's not a bad deal either. You should definitely play it everyday. They were meant for that.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, IBGuilded! And congrats on your acquisition! There's a ton of DV love around here.

Pretty cool to purchase an essentially NOS one. Pull off that PG protector and enjoy that baby! My only thought is that an unplayed, 16-year-old guitar might have some geometry/neck issues having sat in its case essentially all its life, probably tuned to pitch. If the owner had proper humidity control, you might be lucky. Anyway, a setup may be in order.

Reaction score
Hello fellow PNWer! What kind of opinions are you looking for? I think that it's awesome you found it in such great shape. That's not a bad deal either. You should definitely play it everyday. They were meant for that.

This kind of opinion, thanks. Always have been intrigued about the iconic brand but don't know much about what I bought. It just seemed a nice guitar, plays well, good tone and would be a good daily player durable enough to haul around to lessons, jams and festivals at areas able price compared to new from Oxnard.

Thanks

Reaction score
Set up is perfect neck looks great and the excellent staff at Emerald City guitars had no issues but I will have my local luthier Give it a once over when I get it home. Thanks

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! Sounds like a good score... we'd love to see pics!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Owned a DV 52 3 weeweeand do not know how I could love it more. You are gonna love it.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sounds like a great guitar! Pictures, please!

And yes, play it every day - it was made to be played!

walrus

Daveyo

Reaction score
you lucky dog, I am wanting another Guild rosewood dread asap
congrats
David