Nad! 200-s

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
All I can find at the moment is a Jetstar II Bass stereo.

I got knocked off of my soap box when I insisted Guild never called the double cutaway JS bass a JetStar, but it was far more commonly called the JS. I know there were JS variants that included stereo but I don't recall any JetStars. In fact the only JetStar IIs I recall were Dearmonds. So is this the Gumby shape, in which case it is a curiosity worth discussing separately or is this double cutaway JS II?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I got knocked off of my soap box when I insisted Guild never called the double cutaway JS bass a JetStar, but it was far more commonly called the JS. I know there were JS variants that included stereo but I don't recall any JetStars. In fact the only JetStar IIs I recall were Dearmonds. So is this the Gumby shape, in which case it is a curiosity worth discussing separately or is this double cutaway JS II?
The listing hedges its bets and calls it both Jetstar AND JS II. https://reverb.com/item/6027108-197...tage-electric-bass-oak-leaf-acorn-jsb2-stereo

matsickma

Reaction score
I remember seeing a S100 origionally "wired up" for stereo including "Stereo" engraved on the TRC.

As luck would have it I actually bought a Guild TRC with the "stereo" engraving off of eBay years ago.
M

matsickma

Reaction score
That JS2 (my as well abbreviate it) doesn't look stock with the added mini switch. I was under the impression the stereo guitars were wired for neck as one channel and bridge for for the other with middle being both channels.

M

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
That JS2 (my as well abbreviate it) doesn't look stock with the added mini switch. I was under the impression the stereo guitars were wired for neck as one channel and bridge for for the other with middle being both channels.

M

Hmm. Every example I can find seems to have the switch there, but since every example I can find is carved natural, I may be seeing the same bass in several places. You do have a point - what does the traditional PU select toggle actually do if the bass is wired as you suggest?

Edit:

I take that back. https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1973-guild-js2-js-jetstar-ii-stereo-206373976

matsickma

Reaction score
Frono,
You would have more experience on this model. It just looked like a aftermarket modification.

Years ago I got to play a BB model guitar. It had two output jacks. One was for mono and the other was for stereo. I assumed they used a make/break jack on the mono output. Seemed like a nice way to get both functions without a switch.
M

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congratulations, Chris! This is the one Guild amp I've truly been interested in due to the stereo capabilities and the EL-34 power tube section. I imagine you can use a reverb, delay, or chorus pedal with stereo outs to employ both inputs and get stereo output. That would be super cool! I like the smooth growl of EL-34 tubes too!