Meeting of the Spirits - Tonight - John McLaughlin and Jimmy Herring

Aristera

Reaction score
Looking forward to tonight's show at the Egg in Albany. As always, great seats and fine IPA's before the show. I'll have some pics tomorrow. King Crimson's next Thursday.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking forward to tonight's show at the Egg in Albany. As always, great seats and fine IPA's before the show. I'll have some pics tomorrow. King Crimson's next Thursday.

Seeing them tomorrow at Town Hall in NYC, and looking forward to it immensely James. It has been years since I've seen John, and the new album is great! As for tonight, Chris Robinson Brotherhood. Saturday is Joan Osborne Sings Dylan with my girl. It's going to be a great weekend!

Aristera

Reaction score
Seeing them tomorrow at Town Hall in NYC, and looking forward to it immensely James. It has been years since I've seen John, and the new album is great! As for tonight, Chris Robinson Brotherhood. Saturday is Joan Osborne Sings Dylan with my girl. It's going to be a great weekend!

Hoping to pick up his Live@Ronnie Scott's tonight. I'll try to get the setlist and post it along with some pics.

Aristera

Reaction score
Last night's show was superb. The evening started out with some IPA's and I had a chance to play my friend's '65 Gibson SG. Picked up the Live@Ronnie Scott's cd for $10 at the show. (All cd's were $10!).

Sandy, you're going to love, really love the bass playing. And if you like syncopated vocalizations (remember Shakti?). Gary Husband is phenomenal. Three hours of delight!

First set: Jimmy Herring and the Invisible Whip

Zvxi5U.jpg

Second set: John McLaughlin and the 4th Dimension

9Qau3n.jpg

Third set: Both bands - Lots of Marivishnu

EZrVRX.jpg

mxxHJN.jpg

7iMjmE.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Your photos have got me psyched for Sunday night!

walrus

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! What a show last night! McLaughlin played a blistering set! Hard to believe he is retiring, but he's going out on top!

And Herring rocked, too - a different style, but a great player, too!

walrus

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The show at Town Hall Friday night was truly amazing, but the seats in that old theater sure do leave a lot to be desired. I was in pain by the end of the three hour show (damn, I'm old)!

For those of you that would like to enjoy this in the comfort of your own home, the Capitol Theater in Portchester live streamed Saturday night's show in its entirety, and it's available at least for now.

matsickma

Reaction score
Saw that show at The Keswick near Philly a few weeks ago. It was fantastic. I think all but three songs were from the first and second incarnation of the MO.
Two days later I saw King Crimson in Allentown. Another unbelievable show!
I didn't know King Crimson had three drummers! It was wild.

Two incredible shows.

Will see Samatha Fish in two weeks.
M