What a World Series!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to my Hometown Houston Astros on winning what was the Best played World Series that I have seen in my Lifetime. What a group of guys and what an Amazing accomplishment! This means so much to the city of Houston after everything we have been through in the last few months. What amazes me is the way this team is a reflection of the city and its people in the way that they never give up no matter what the score is and keep moving forward at all cost. What a night and what a Game. Houston Strong Baby!

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, Tex. That was the best WS ever.

My wife and I were pulling for the Astros ever since they took out the Red Sox (yeah, we're Boston fans). They are an amazing team, and I believe they will be great for years to come.

When we were in TX a couple of weeks ago, we were watching games (vs. Yankees in the ALCS) while we traveled and couldn't get enough of it.

All this in the (literal) wake of the hurricane... Houston Strong!

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I lived in Houston for 10 years in the 60s and 70s and I remember the old Astros fondly. They were lovable losers, like many of our teams seem to be. And now they're World Series champions!
Great series to watch and did you notice how few out-and-out blunders/miscues there were? This was great baseball.

Congrats to the Big H! :applause:

Joe

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It was a true team win. So refreshing to see professionals put team in front of individual glory and the genuine humility they displayed. Unless you are from LA or life-long Dodger fan, they would sneak into a little corner of your heart and not let go.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Congrats TX. My household was rooting for the Astros. Last night was not quite as exciting as 2015 :) but it was exciting nonetheless. I thoroughly enjoyed the post-season this year and LA vs. TX was a fantastic series. Farewell baseball....until next year.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This life-time Dodger fan congratulates the Houstonites. Good game.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I as rooting for the Astros as well. Being a life-long Tigers fan, I'm really glad Justin Verlander got his championship ring too!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
congrats to the Astros, Tex, and all of the other fans. very well deserved after beating both the Red Sox and the Yankees. The Yankees had them where they wanted them in game 6 of the ALCS, just fell short and could not steal one from Verlander.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"No joy in Mudville".
Not a real big baseball fan but it games 5 & 6 were pretty entertaining and as a west coast boy I was rootin' fer the Dodgers of course.
When I got home and tuned in to the blow-out last night it was kinda depressing....but:

Outta curiosity just now I looked at the Wiki page of World Series winners 'cause I couldn't remember if the Dodgers had ever won, when lo and behold I see it's actually the Astros who've never won and their "Have appeared but never won" status hasn't been updated, yet.
So I DO congratulate 'em on their first World Series win:
Congrats!
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Astros. I only hope they vote at least a 1/7 share of the winning money to Commisioner Manfred. His decision that Guriel was not suspended for at least one game of the WS is despicable. His excuse that they would have had to convene an arbitration committee and Guriel was willing to take the suspension next season is lame. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? Who knows. FWIW, when my wife, who doesn't follow baseball at all, heard about Guriel's action, she couldn't understand why he wasn't suspended immediately,
Oh, BTW, I'm a BoSox fan, not a Dodger fan.
Brad

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Astros. I only hope they vote at least a 1/7 share of the winning money to Commisioner Manfred. His decision that Guriel was not suspended for at least one game of the WS is despicable. His excuse that they would have had to convene an arbitration committee and Guriel was willing to take the suspension next season is lame. Would it have made a difference in the outcome? Who knows. FWIW, when my wife, who doesn't follow baseball at all, heard about Guriel's action, she couldn't understand why he wasn't suspended immediately,
Oh, BTW, I'm a BoSox fan, not a Dodger fan.
Brad

I have heard this from several different sports reporters about Gurriel not being suspended a game in the World Series and what effect did it have on the outcome. What they don't mention is that the suspension was handed down before game 4 for next year and if they would have suspended him for one world series game it would have been for game 4. Regardless the Astros lost game 4 at home to the Dodgers 6-2 and Gurriel was 0 for 3 with a strikeout and a ground into a double play in game 4 so the outcome wouldn't have been any different. I don't agree with what Gurriel did and I understand everyone being upset about it. What gets me is no one is mentioning he would of been out game 4 which the Dodgers won anyway.

The big reason I see they didn't suspend him for the World Series and what the league really doesn't mention is that players don't receive pay for World Series games so the league would get no money from him. By suspending him for 5 regular season games next year they get his paycheck for 5 games. It all comes down to the money and that sucks. Regardless I think they handled it the wrong way.

TX

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I was surprised Yu did do poorly. He was lights out in season and for Rangers.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Verlander was always one of my (and most Tigers fans) faves. I'm really happy for him to get that ring and also for the city of Houston. They've been through a lot.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I as rooting for the Astros as well. Being a life-long Tigers fan, I'm really glad Justin Verlander got his championship ring too!

Same here. I became an Astros fan every time JV took the mound. :) They were fun to watch this year anyway, with all their foundation players clicking. Terrific series, as was last year’s!

-Dave-

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A lot of Astros fans here! They earned the win and deserve the accolades. Us Dodger fans can just sulk and say wait ‘till next year.