Back surgery coming up

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....did a laminectomy on two discs and inserted the electrical leads, and one in the right butt cheek for the controller/battery....

Wow. You're going to have to catch up on episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man! :biggrin:

Glad it's workin' well, dread! :encouragement:

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Update: Back home after surgery. They kept me in the hospital one night for observation. Kinda sore at the incision sites, but that will pass. The doc did his thing and stapled me up. 2 incisions, one in the mid-back where he did a laminectomy on two discs and inserted the electrical leads, and one in the right butt cheek for the controller/battery. Getting used to using the new stimulator but it seems to be blocking the pain like it's supposed to. Got an ipod for a controller.
Congrats! (Good thing they didn't give you a Zune!)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha, and I'm a hater of all things Apple, I guess I have an ongoing relationship with them now!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I hope it goes (or went, as of now?) well, man. Best of luck.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it went well Dread! Here is hoping for a speedy recovery! Stay clear of garage door openers just in case.

TX

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Battery allegedly has a 5-year life...they're probably betting it's gonna outlive me, LOL.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
one in the right butt cheek for the controller/battery

So, will you get some jolts of stimulation , if you're bouncing on your seat, cheering for your favorite team ?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've only had it on intensity level "3" a couple times, otherwise running it at "1" or "2."

"3" is actually pretty intense. The scale goes up to 20, I'm not even going to try that! I'd be looking like "Jumping Jack Flash!" LOL

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That would be good - then I can tell my two sons!

Or maybe they could tell me...

walrus

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've only had it on intensity level "3" a couple times, otherwise running it at "1" or "2."

"3" is actually pretty intense. The scale goes up to 20, I'm not even going to try that! I'd be looking like "Jumping Jack Flash!" LOL

H531Tpn.jpg

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Keep that stimulator! It has volumn controls so must have a speaker. You could cut a couple wires, attach a 1/4" female phono jack, and have you a mini practice amp with special meaning.
Glad your recovery going well.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
You guys got me to thinking...what if the stimulator generated musical tones instead of simple electrical impulses? We might be on to something here...

By the way, they said if the implanted stimulator needs software updates it can be done through the ipod, thank goodness!

Still having quite a bit of pain from the upper surgical site, still taking my meds and gritting my teeth. Unfortunately, lying down is the worst position for the pain, so sleep is coming in short segments.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You guys got me to thinking...what if the stimulator generated musical tones instead of simple electrical impulses? We might be on to something here...

By the way, they said if the implanted stimulator needs software updates it can be done through the ipod, thank goodness!

96m9-gaggif.gif

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dreadnut:
As Don Williams sang so well, "Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good." For you!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

That would be called "kick-a$$" music!

walrus