F-30 Standard Ngd

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well first off I’m stupid and get myself into trouble like it’s a living haha .

I had a very nice offer for a F50R that’s been at the top of wish list but due to lack of funds in the bank and my wish for a Sunburst I held off . To that person I send my thanks for thinking of me and it certainly reinforces the brotherhood LTG has here . Your a fantastic bunch of good folks and I’m thankful I’m still allowed in ! Haha

Ok so I’ve been thinking of selling my CV-1 for a while now . I don’t play her much but when I do like most of us here we get mixed emotions because we feel the said Guitar sounds to darn good and get second thoughts . Yeah I’ve been fighting that . These guitars got some bad press and it was deserved in many cases but they never got much praise on how good they sound .

In my stable the only Hog Guitar I have is the F212XLCE, all my others are Rosewood. So I’ve been pondering another Mahogany body Guitar.
Some years back I bought a Gad F130rce but I did not like how the notes struggled to hold tone in upper frets thenotes just died out and were dull sounding so back it went . That lead to the cv-1 and now to my new upcoming F30 Standard .

I bought the one from Dave’s Guitar in the other F30 post . I hope no one else was interested it did not seem so ?

I commented on a picture of it that looked like run out but JR from Dave’s said there is none along with some here saying the same .

Neil commented that the top looks nice , I checked out the pics but not close up so after Neil’s comment back I went and I did the zoomity zoom zoom thing . Yup sure enough it was pretty nice silking with some other interesting grain patterns . I zoomed in on the back and huh ? that’s not something you see a lot which is the grain pattern in the neck area or lower bout section . Looks kind of notty or bear clawish in a way but I’m not sure .

Anyway that’s what sold me haha if it’s unique enough guess I’m interested hehe .

The F30 Standard is a 2010 built on Tuesday October 12th and it was the first build of the day .

Dave’s Guitar says it has a UST in it but has no idea what it is . They say there’s no battery pack so it must passive but that makes me scratch my head a bit .

Other then that they said it’s in great shape so here’s to hoping lol

I should have it Tuesday and I hope it has good tone . 😁

Here’s the link again to the site pictures .

http://davesguitar.com/products/guild/f-30-standard-recent/

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
The F30 Standard is a 2010 built on Tuesday October 12th and it was the first build of the day .

Dave’s Guitar says it has a UST in it but has no idea what it is . They say there’s no battery pack so it must passive but that makes me scratch my head a bit .

USTs can be passive. I'd look at the end peg to confirm there is one. Might also be able see wires inside.

New Hartford assigned serial numbers at the end of the build process. So a better description might be it was the first instrument completed on October 12, 2010. My recollection is that the instrument went through all of the QC checks and ended up in a rack. Someone then took instruments off the rack, did a few test strums, figured out the serial number, wrote it in a ledger, wrote it on a label, and stuck the label inside. At some point later it was put in a case and the guitar, in case, stored for packing and shipping.

sixx

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a beautiful F30 Rayk. I dig the unique grain on the back and the top has some really nice silking as well. Super nice score. Can't wait to hear your review.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
USTs can be passive. I'd look at the end peg to confirm there is one. Might also be able see wires inside.

New Hartford assigned serial numbers at the end of the build process. So a better description might be it was the first instrument completed on October 12, 2010. My recollection is that the instrument went through all of the QC checks and ended up in a rack. Someone then took instruments off the rack, did a few test strums, figured out the serial number, wrote it in a ledger, wrote it on a label, and stuck the label inside. At some point later it was put in a case and the guitar, in case, stored for packing and shipping.

Yes I know some UST’s are passive I’m trying to figure what brand it is as I never heard of Guild having one without a preamp , they might I just have not come across it .
You can see the end pin if you zoom on one the front facing pics definitely a jack .
JR at Dave’s thinks it’s a fishman because it’s chrome lol
I doubt I’ll ever use it but if I ever get the urge I’ll upgrade it to a K&K pure mini since that what’s most folks here like and I aim to please if ever decide to sell it . 😁

Got ya on the serial number just hope it was not a hang over build or the “ it’s friday ! Come on already I want out of here “ build . Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looking forward to a report/sound bite after you've fondled it a bit. :encouragement:

Joe

Haha he said fondled hehehe
Always Audio Joe 😁

That's a beautiful F30 Rayk. I dig the unique grain on the back and the top has some really nice silking as well. Super nice score. Can't wait to hear your review.

Thanks 😀 it’s the grains fault 😁

nice score! congrats and enjoy

Thank you 😉

Hey Rayk, you could've had my F-48 for a few dollars more! :shocked:

Nice of you mention that Rich lol
But the next Guitar in line will be the F50R Sunburst after that I need to chill out for a while lol
Need to think about my next custom build .
Then I quit ! Haha

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congratulations! That's a great-looking F30.

Neal

Reaction score
I was looking at better photos of the top and back on Reverb, which were of much higher definition than on Dave's site.

Lots and lots and lots of silking in that top. Lots.

If it had rosewood back and sides, it would have been headed to my house.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I was looking at better photos of the top and back on Reverb, which were of much higher definition than on Dave's site.

Lots and lots and lots of silking in that top. Lots.

If it had rosewood back and sides, it would have been headed to my house.

Pics still on Reverb ? I’ve not seen them .

Sell ya the Cv-1 :)

Neal

Reaction score
Nah. I am down sick with prewar Martin parlor guitar gas.

But for a grand, that F-30 Standard, with that incredibly nice wood selection, is awfully hard to beat.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nah. I am down sick with prewar Martin parlor guitar gas.

But for a grand, that F-30 Standard, with that incredibly nice wood selection, is awfully hard to beat.

The Cv-1 ain’t no prewar parlor Guitar lol and it’s got silking just hard to see because it’s a runout cut
Plus you don’t need art work you need a player ! Lol

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
SURE - The famous last words ???

Omg ! I better lol those customs ain’t cheap I could have , umm ...... hang on I’m counting ... uh well it sends on what I want 5-6 Guilds used of coarse .

Neal

Reaction score
The Cv-1 ain’t no prewar parlor Guitar lol and it’s got silking just hard to see because it’s a runout cut
Plus you don’t need art work you need a player ! Lol

I ain't talking artwork. I am talking about real, live, eminently playable artwork. Little Martin parlor guitars from the 1930's are the best-kept secret out there in absolute killer tone. The little 0-18K I bought recently has every other guitar I own shaking in its case.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I always wanted to play one of those Contemporary models again. I played one at Norms Rare Guitars and liked it, but I have a few more nice Guilds to compare it to, now.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I always wanted to play one of those Contemporary models again. I played one at Norms Rare Guitars and liked it, but I have a few more nice Guilds to compare it to, now.

When I get the F 30 I can do a comparison between the two with Audio .

I mostly play open tuning but I have the cv-1 in standard at the moment and to me it’s a little canon. I have a heavy hand and it handles it like it don’t care. lol

Be interesting to see how they compare thing is the cv-1 is rosewood .