D4 code question

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
I came across a D4NT HR but I'm not familiar with what the "HR" stands for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a '96 model from Westerly.

Thanks in advance!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Hand Rubbed finishes were Nitro as well.

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
And the French had nothing to do with it .

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I've had four and they were all HR'ed. This was #4.

EX6k5Z.jpg

I like 'em just fine. Another underappreciated Guild.

Joe

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And the French had nothing to do with it .
That's really funny, Ray. French polish is the most TEDIOUS finish ever. It's great an all if you're young and you have a lot of time left.

Joe, if they're so great, why did you get rid of 3?? Or 4 if you don't still have one?? Confusing to me...... :devilish:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Joe, if they're so great, why did you get rid of 3?? Or 4 if you don't still have one?? Confusing to me...... :devilish:
I enjoy opening the packages and enjoying them for a while. It's like GAS/Xmas all rolled into one.
If they absolutely blow me away, I might keep it....sort of like my current D35 (also my fourth).
FWIW, my current inventory won't be going anywhere for obvious reasons.

If I had kept every guitar I ever bought, I'd be in competition with Grot. :highly_amused:

Joe

tarheelguild

Reaction score
I love the D4. My first one I bought through Ebay was not so good. It was a '93 and the action was too high and couldn't be fixed without a reset. It came in a chipboard case as well, so that should have tipped me off that this guitar had not been well cared for (lots of scuffs and wear marks as well). I sold it through Ebay after trying to make it "work" for a few months. I then bought my '96 which I still have and it's The One! Had a new nut put on last year and it sounds and plays like a dream. A very under-rated guitar available for a great price!
Tony
'84 D40
'96 D4
'96 D25 CH
'98 D225
'98 D30 AB
'00 Taylor CE414

beecee

Reaction score
Had one as well, HR, nice subtle look, excellent sound. Sold it when I bought my D-40. The D-4 was very, very good, my D-40 is very, very great.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Man I wish photobucket didn't blow up like they did. Seems like every time I look at an old thread I get that annoying photobucket graphic instead. Cool story, tho!

Someone posted a link to a tool that could be installed in one browser that would automatically bypass PhotoBucket's "You share, you pay" image. As far as I can tell it is only useful for viewing old threads which is why I didn't pay much attention, but it might be helpful for you.

PittPastor

Reaction score
Someone posted a link to a tool that could be installed in one browser that would automatically bypass PhotoBucket's "You share, you pay" image. As far as I can tell it is only useful for viewing old threads which is why I didn't pay much attention, but it might be helpful for you.

I loaded an extension to chrome that is supposed to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. Any idea what took the person linked to?