My First Good Acoustic---DV52 NT

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats nice Guitar may you have many yrs of playing together ;)

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very easy to play and very hard to walk by without picking it up and playing. No regrets and local luthier checked it over and said it just needed playing not even a set of string but I got a set of Elixir medium bronze just in case.
Thanks for all the kind words.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Signature edited

With the help of a lot of nice folks, I was walked through the editing of the signature section and now my three guitars are listed.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
fronobulax:
Back in Falls Church for a short stay and took your advice about visiting Action Music. Had driven by it dozens of times but must have been concentrating on conjested traffic. I found the owner just as you said, "super nice" and got the feeling I was talking to someone who loved what he was doing. No used Guilds and said used Guilds did not stay long. I picked up a new D40 NT and is sounded soooooo good.
I got out of there before the D 40 wound up finding a new home in Tennessee.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I once had a DV-52. The only reason I still don't have it is because I "upgraded" to a DV-72. While the DV-72 is gorgeous and sonic-wise is everything and more like the DV-52, I have to say that the DV-52 is worth every penny spent Well done, and enjoy. IMHO, never, never let it go!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thanks Rich. I haven't picked up one that sounds better. My plan is to play it daily and enjoy the journey.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Stuball, if you get a chance to go back and play the G41 that the person selling the DV52 had I would highly recommend it. Those are few and far between, only made for 3 years in the 70's and are basically a Jumbo Square Shoulder Dread version of a D40. Everything is scaled up on them from the 17" lower bout to the 26.25" scale length which gives them a very unique sound and set of tonal characteristics. If you get in the market for another dread I would consider that as a very rare option that most folks don't get a chance to explore. I love mine and I know there are a few members here who have them that love theirs too. Glad you are diggin' the DV52 and glad you came on board here at LTG! We need to get some pics of that DV52 posted for all to see. Have a good one!

TX

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Tex:
Got pix up on 2nd page or let me say son got pix up.
Thanks for recommendation on G41. Got 3 hand guns to sell and might make a pass if he still has it.