Nightmare feedback with D30

Neal

Reaction score
Also check which way the house speakers are pointing. Sometimes, you can angle them enough away from your position to slay the feedback monster. And lower the volume on your monitor.

I had a regular gig in a bar that then shut down for a month for an upgrade. The first night back, I was having bad feedback issues on the vocal mic, until I realized that the genius that installed the sound system placed a monitor pointing directly at the vocal mic from behind. Turned it off and the feedback stopped instantaneously.

markus

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Whenever I had feedback problems (not playing very loud) I managed it easily with controls provided either on my fishman Platinum Pro EQ preamp or Artist amp.
Play around with the controls for a while at home to get familiar with their function.
Read the manuals: artist, platinum

Markus :smile:

tarheelguild

Reaction score
No house speakers; just a coffee shop where my Fishman Loudbox Artist is the only sound system.

Also check which way the house speakers are pointing. Sometimes, you can angle them enough away from your position to slay the feedback monster. And lower the volume on your monitor.

I had a regular gig in a bar that then shut down for a month for an upgrade. The first night back, I was having bad feedback issues on the vocal mic, until I realized that the genius that installed the sound system placed a monitor pointing directly at the vocal mic from behind. Turned it off and the feedback stopped instantaneously.

tarheelguild

Reaction score
To upgrade my story; I did get a Lute Hole cover modified with an opening for the volume control. I used it at my last gig, and voila, no more feedback! There were a few instances where I felt/heard some feedback trying to creep out, but I just strummed a little lighter. So all in all, I'd say about 95% of my FB trouble has been corrected. Thanks for the advice on the Lute Hole cover. It looks great too!