Which 12 is Doyle Playing here ?

crank

Reaction score
I am not sure exactly what it was called I think he said it was a Doyle Dykes Signature Model? I can look to see if I still have the raw footage because I remember he was talking about it.

Many of us were there at LMG 4. I know because I shot and posted the video.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That particular model in the video Doyle is playing is a New Hartford made F212XLCE Standard which is a jumbo sized Guild. It has a solid Sitka top with solid Hog back and sides and internal Scalloped Red spruce bracing. It was part of the Standard series from New Hartford which were no bling alternatives with a lower price than the traditional series but built with the same basic construction and woods. They are Great sounding guitars and you can still find them on the used market for between $1200-$1500 give or take.

His signature series Guild was called the DD12-MCE and it was closer to the size of a New Hartford F47 with a shorter scale than standard Guilds 25.625". It featured an Adirondack top, Maple back/sides, Adirondack scalloped bracing, abalone inlay around the top purfling, roses inlaid on the bridges, special fret markers inlaid on the side of the fretboard, and some other unique features.

Hope this info helps!

TX

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
That particular model in the video Doyle is playing is a New Hartford made F212XLCE Standard which is a jumbo sized Guild. It has a solid Sitka top with solid Hog back and sides and internal Scalloped Red spruce bracing. It was part of the Standard series from New Hartford which were no bling alternatives with a lower price than the traditional series but built with the same basic construction and woods. They are Great sounding guitars and you can still find them on the used market for between $1200-$1500 give or take.

His signature series Guild was called the DD12-MCE and it was closer to the size of a New Hartford F47 with a shorter scale than standard Guilds 25.625". It featured an Adirondack top, Maple back/sides, Adirondack scalloped bracing, abalone inlay around the top purfling, roses inlaid on the bridges, special fret markers inlaid on the side of the fretboard, and some other unique features.

Hope this info helps!

TX

TX, the Dykes model was also available in EIR. Richard Peterson has one on his Reverb website for a good price. Rich's model is the DD6CE.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX, the Dykes model was also available in EIR. Richard Peterson has one on his Reverb website for a good price. Rich's model is the DD6CE.

Actually Rich The 12 string Doyle Dykes Signature version I mentioned was only available in Maple, not Rosewood. There were rosewood and Maple 6 string versions but not for the Doyle Dykes Signature 12 string. I didn't mention the 6 strings as the OP specifically asked about the 12'ers.

TX

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Actually Rich The 12 string Doyle Dykes Signature version I mentioned was only available in Maple, not Rosewood. There were rosewood and Maple 6 string versions but not for the Doyle Dykes Signature 12 string. I didn't mention the 6 strings as the OP specifically asked about the 12'ers.

TX

You're right as usual TX!:peaceful:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought the back and sides looked darker than hog. It really did sound nice. Then again, great guitarists have that effect on even halfway decent guitars.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I remember that moment well, listening to the amazing sound coming from that F212XLCE and thinking how ludicrous it was that Doyle Dykes and I played on that same stage, in front of the same crowd, on the same afternoon.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, I was there, along with many of our LTG bretheren/sisteren. :)

Doyle played a number of Guilds. At this time, the 6-string version of the DDSM was just under development and in fact, that weekend, Ren was reshaping and finishing the neck on one the ones for DD himself.

Doyle put on a great show for us. In retrospect, the whole thing is bittersweet though, as Doyle himself has said... The song, "New Hartford" was pretty fresh off the presses when he performed it for us, and then when the shut down was announced a few months later, he'd had no advance notice. Ah... Better days...

Doyle is a really great guy. I hope he's doing well in the post-New Hartford era.