Fall colors

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The colors are really starting to pop in my back yard now.
QtjH25n.jpg

UFTukDt.jpg

Last edited:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice. The fall colors here are very muted this year.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Fall colors in Vegas come about January or so. I know it sounds dumb, but that's really true. Remember this one from a few years back on my bike ride?? Thank goodness for MULBERRY trees!!! LOL!!

eLVdNw.jpg

And of course, there was that one December. Not the first one it snowed but.... it's always fun!!

CnK4mC.jpg

The palm trees and the fir trees (10 and 3 respectively) do NOTHING! They just sit there......

mad dog

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
The colors have just started here in northern NJ. It mostly still looks like August. Very odd.
MD

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
Beautiful pic ... but ...
unfortunately this is just around the corner :nightmare:

lyzwN62.jpg

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
See, DV?? It's one thing to be making fun of snow in Vegas.... and a whole OTHER thing to be shoveling paths to gain access and get in and out. I'll stay right here, although that looks like a really nice home, you know? But I'm sure the snow didn't just fall in that pattern to allow you access.... did it? Nope! Isn't it funny how we all live all over and tolerate all this different weather?? I think it's amazing!!

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
The older I get, the harder it gets, Tom. The back can't take it anymore. Fall really is beautiful here in central WI, all 7 days of it (just a slight bit of sarcasm). But 6 mo. of winter is too much to take. A friend of mine in AZ sends me pictures of how they watch football outside on the patio (just to rub it in), while I have to go out and scrape snow off my satellite dish during timeouts.

Enjoy Vegas, Tom! I will be moving to a warmer climate the 1st chance I get! :encouragement:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice, DV. Yup, snow is around the corner. New England has had very mild weather this year though -- in contrast to the rest of the country, that is. A mild (last) winter, a not-too-hot-not-too-dry summer... Fall has been a little late coming this year, but has been quite beautiful. Happy "fall colors" friends!

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nope. What you see is what we've got. We've had a week of Indian summer, sunny and 70's, which seems to have brought out a lot of colors; last night it started raining and that will knock down a lot of leaves.