I don't care about a treat...i aint smelling that!

CA-35

Reaction score
DMcz26nX4AEUG7I.jpg

We often think of our best friends ability to track a scent or smell as innate or instinctive. Not this pup. A dog named Lulu has flunked out of a CIA bomb-sniffing course, with the spy agency saying that despite a series of perks it just wasn't her line of work.
"A few weeks into training, Lulu began to show signs that she wasn't interested in detecting explosive odors," the CIA said in a statement.
In CIA photos, Lulu appears to be a black Labrador retriever.
Just like people trying to learn something new, dogs have good days and bad days. But Lulu never got into bomb-sniffing, even when motivated with food or play, it added.
"She was clearly not enjoying herself any longer," the CIA said.
As per custom with the agency's K9 dropouts, Lulu was adopted by her handler, the agency said. She prefers to hang out, drink a few beers, and strumming her Guild to sniffing around for iron oxide thermite!

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howdy

Lulu looks as sweet as my Jymy - actually Jymy is not mine - he belongs to my wife´s grandson - but I am the one who takes him out walking. . . . . .

I like that collar with "K9" on it - makes me think about another K-9 ( gray - painted like navy ship ) who knew all languages in universe and often beeped "Master"

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
My neighbor has a failed seeing eye dog. They train seeing eye puppies and their first one was just the goofiest no-work-ethic dog ever so when it flunked school they got to adopt him.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My Timmy-boy ain't much of a cat chaser either!
EC8zV5L.jpg

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Next town over from he is the home to the Smithtown Guide Dog Foundation, which is a wonderful organization that trains seeing eye dogs for the visually impaired. they have their occasional pup that doesn't make the cut, and a few of my neighbors have given homes to them.

On another note. My Tina's not much of a cat chaser either!

37102919484_5fe44bd715_b.jpg