Need to Have My Head Examined...

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Hey, Neal. What can I do about selling my D-55? I've lowered the price on Reverb from 1995 to 1625, and after over 500 views and 22 watchers, still no takers. What's goin' on these days?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hey, Neal. What can I do about selling my D-55? I've lowered the price on Reverb from 1995 to 1625, and after over 500 views and 22 watchers, still no takers. What's goin' on these days?
Sorry for the buttinski, but:
Wow that does seem kinda odd.
What's current "bluebook" on it, do you know?
Wonder if more than a few of those 22 "watchers" are dealers/flippers waiting for a certain price they know they'll jump on?
And maybe a few forum members who watch that stuff because they like to "keep track of the market"?
Ah, I just noticed, is it the '02 in your sig?
Coronas still just don't get no respect anywhere but here, yet.
And even that only started happening in the last couple of years.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Right, Adorshki, I had an offer of 1425 from a dealer, which I rejected. This Corona piece is one hell of an axe. I'm just wantin' to not have 2 rosies. My DV-72 is more than I can handle as a rosie.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Right, Adorshki, I had an offer of 1425 from a dealer, which I rejected. This Corona piece is one hell of an axe. I'm just wantin' to not have 2 rosies. My DV-72 is more than I can handle as a rosie.

Just think to yourself , Christmas 🎄

Neal

Reaction score
Took the F-50 Standard to the open mic I host once a month, and got to hear several others play it. Dang. It is seriously good. Maybe I will ask my luthier to cut a nut that is just a tad wider, without the E strings actually sliding off the edge of the fretboard.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Took the F-50 Standard to the open mic I host once a month, and got to hear several others play it. Dang. It is seriously good. Maybe I will ask my luthier to cut a nut that is just a tad wider, without the E strings actually sliding off the edge of the fretboard.

You won't regret it Neal. Sometimes I think that if I could keep only one, it would be the F50ce, because it does it all so well. I might consult with my luthier about the same thing, too.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Neal, the trouble with having your head examined is the worry of what they'd find..... or rather what they WOULDN'T find. I'd pass on that. Just keep the damn guitar.... LOL!!! :devilish:

westerlyborn

Reaction score
just make sure you don't have your head examined by someone who also needs to have their head examined.

Taylor Martin Guild

Reaction score
If you do have a new nut cut, using medium gauge strings will help hold the E strings on the fretboard.
If you tune down and then capo on the second fret, it will feel like a 12 fret guitar.
Give it a try and see it if works for you.