2000 westerly starfire 4 BLOCK INLAYs?

Reaction score
Just bought a really remarkable 2000 guild starfire 4 in blonde. However, I've owned two previously in the same color, and I've only seen them with dot inlays. As well as every starfire 4 from westerly as well. I guess what I want to know is, was this guitar a custom order, or was block inlay an option for this guitar? New to the forum, but always been a guild guy so I guess it's about time

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
HI Kbones welcome aboard.
Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever seeing a Starfire with block inlays either, but maybe some of our more widely experienced electric players have.
We love pics, too. Sometimes those give away clues of non-factory work (or even confirm it.)
Pics need to be hosted on a photo-hosting site and linked to from here.
If all else fails, our resident expert is a gentleman named Hans Moust who wrote the Guild Guitar Book and would probably be able to tell you if it was a special order or not, in a heartbeat.
Also be aware your first few posts might take a couple of days to appear as they're vetted by moderators to screen out spambots.
Then your posts will show up in real time.
So, ya got my curiosity up, I'll be watching to see what the answer is!

Last edited:

dbirchett

Reaction score
In the '70s the Starfire 5 was discontinued and the 4 received some of it's bling: block inlays, master volume, etc.

The Block inlays were one of the distinguishing features of the 4 and 5 along with the Bigsby and MV. My guess is that for some reason, a 5 fingerboard got put on a 4. Cool. Enjoy it! Those are fantastic guitars and one of the best bargains out there.

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just bought a really remarkable 2000 guild starfire 4 in blonde. However, I've owned two previously in the same color, and I've only seen them with dot inlays. As well as every starfire 4 from westerly as well. I guess what I want to know is, was this guitar a custom order, or was block inlay an option for this guitar? New to the forum, but always been a guild guy so I guess it's about time

Hello Kbonesguild,

Welcome!

During 2000 a couple of Starfire 4s were done with the 'superstructure' of a Starfire 5 as a starting point. So basically these were Starfire 5s without the Bigsby and the Master Volume. The ones that I've seen had a Starfire 5 serial number starting with the CH serial number prefix.

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
We’ve seen a couple in the past year or so come up on Ebay.