Safest guitar stands (floor type)

johnny3j

Reaction score
Guild Total
I have two "Rockstands" which fit about 10 guitars between them:

warwick-rockbag-5-multiple-acoustic-guitar-rack-stand-rs20871-b-2-334855.jpg

The best conventional tripod style stands I've come across are manufactured by Tama (model 839), I've only seen them in Japan and in one backline rental co. in Europe.

img56386712.jpg

They're designed to look almost the same as regular run-of-the-mill guitar stands that you see in GC etc., but are built with heavy duty drum hardware components and are adjustable every which way.
They are heavier than the (acoustic) guitar they are supporting, which makes them much more stable.
Unfortunately, at $80-$100 they're not cheap...

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I like the Hercules stands the best. They seem to be the safest and most stable, and I like the fact that the guitar is suspended with a locking yoke. Great for instruments like the Pilot Bass that has an irregularly shaped bottom, too. They're occasionally a Stupid Deal of the Day at Musician's Friend, and you can get them for a good price.

gs414b_1_hr.jpg

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hercules all the way. Wouldn’t own any other.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been pleased with the Hercules.

I got it during a Stupid Deal of the Day, for under 30 bucks, with a neck support for changing strings or what have you.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Based on your responses, I bought one Hamilton and one Hercules. But Addie is right. The case is the best place, especially if you have kids. Or dogs. Or Coastie.

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Davis,

No, I can barely play at all due to hand tremors. But I don't want a dog to knock over a loaded guitar stand. Actually, I think I won't use the stands after all and just leave everything cased--as Addie suggested.

Rich,

No, I don't think so. I met a couple of reps in stores, but I doubt that a rep would be in charge of R&D. I also met a big loud guy who was some kind of wheel, but he was all about Fender. Does Chris still live here in Phonics? Stevie Nix does.

Hatted frau

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Davis,

No, I can barely play at all due to hand tremors. But I don't want a dog to knock over a loaded guitar stand. Actually, I think I won't use the stands after all and just leave everything cased--as Addie suggested.

Rich,

No, I don't think so. I met a couple of reps in stores, but I doubt that a rep would be in charge of R&D. I also met a big loud guy who was some kind of wheel, but he was all about Fender. Does Chris still live here in Phonics? Stevie Nix does.

Hatted frau
Not sure if he does. Though I think he still works for Fender, and aren't they headquarters in Phoenix?