New Brian May... needs a case.

peashooterjw

Reaction score
Recently was able to get a new... to me... Brian May Standard. I love these things. This one came with a case, but it isn't the original... the guitar kinda flops around inside. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a case that fits? Were the cases made in-house in Westerly or outsourced? Any help is much appreciated.

peashooterjw

Reaction score
just a quick family portrait
DVk6DQ5.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Recently was able to get a new... to me... Brian May Standard. I love these things. This one came with a case, but it isn't the original... the guitar kinda flops around inside. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a case that fits? Were the cases made in-house in Westerly or outsourced? Any help is much appreciated.

Don't think I ever heard of 'em making their own cases, and TKL was the primary if not sole supplier for much of the '90's at least, if not earlier as well.
That kinda looks like it might fit in a Bluesbird case, much like the S4ce's did..or an M75/M80 case?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
TKL, as Adorshki mentioned, did most of the cases for everyone, and would make them to order in large batches. I doubt they would have the specs still, and they don't do custom singles. There are case makers who do, just google custom instrument cases. They will be pricey.

amnicon

Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful collection! Is that a full set?

Ron Thorn

Reaction score
That's a nice stash indeed.
What colors are missing? Seafoam green....any others?

peashooterjw

Reaction score
Seafoam green is the only other color that I have seen... in pictures, or otherwise. I probably won't ever get one of those. I've only seen one for sale, and it's ridiculously priced, and in Japan. (And the color looks more green than other pics of others that I've seen, which make me suspicious that it might have been refinished.)

Last edited: