RIP Tom Petty

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Found unconcious and unresponsive, he has apparently been taken off life support. Man, what a crappy day :sour:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
GOOD GRIEF!! I hate this day! I really do. I had to take a break from everything happening in Vegas and went down for a nap. And I wake up to this?? I agree, Sandy. This is a REALLY CRAPPY DAY. RIP, Tom. You were one of my favorites......

Antney

Reaction score
Adding sadness to a grim day. Always the night watchman...

Lynne and Dylan are the only brothers left....ugh

Last edited:

Antney

Reaction score
As of 5:30pm est PASTE is reporting a conflicting report that he did not pass but is on life support. LAPD is tweeting that have no information about his passing....

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Damn the Torpedos was awesome! And I really dug Wildflowers.
If you have not seen the nigh 3 hour Netflix movie on Petty and Heartbreakers, it is totally worth it. How he went up against the record company too, and won, encouraged Roger McGuinn not to do a certain song that was basically selling out. And all the Wilbury work, TP was awesome!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
As of 5:30pm est PASTE is reporting a conflicting report that he did not pass but is on life support. LAPD is tweeting that have no information about his passing....

Variety, too. Apparently there was some misinformation disseminated by the LAPD. I have a sinking feeling he'll never be the same though.

The first two lines of this favorite of mine about sum this day up:

"Some days are diamonds

Some days are rocks"