ALIVE in Las Vegas!! Checking in.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm fine here. Going through the list of friends that I knew were working to see if any of them are dead or injured. Jeeze!! Life is scary these days.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Glad to hear it, Tom! Hope everyone you know is safe...

walrus

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My friend Mark (used to work at Guitar Center, sold me my Taylor) was back from Australia visiting and went to the festival. He was walking along next to a family and their little blonde girl's head exploded and she dropped like a rock. By then people were in a panic and running every direction, but...... how do you recover from something like that? These people that do these horrible things THEN take their own lives.... couldn't they start with their lives first? This is just horrible....

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Unfortunately, crazy is alive and well throughout the world. Glad you're o.k. Tom and very sorry your friend had to experience something like that.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Glad you're OK, Tom. You were the first one I thought of when I saw the news.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Jesus, Tom, could you edit your comment about the little girl???

Yeah that one was pretty rough but I'll defend it in the name of telling it like it is.
Trying to "mute the impact" just desensitizes us all that much more, I think.
TV does that enough already.

Los Angeles

Reaction score
Guild Total
An old friend's daughter was shot but is still alive. trying desperately to get my friend out to Vegas, but communication and coordination has proven to be very difficult.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah that one was pretty rough but I'll defend it in the name of telling it like it is.
Trying to "mute the impact" just desensitizes us all that much more, I think.
TV does that enough already.

Right. Not like the constant flow of shootings that nobody does anything about.

5thumbs

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Kind of late getting into this thread, but obviously am glad that you are OK, Tom. I wish I could do something for your friends besides offer best wishes. I feel the pain.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No honestly, you guys and gals keep me alive through times like this. It's hard to cope and .... to understand, you know? I don't get it but.... I thank everyone for reaching out and I'm sorry if some of my posts got too graphic but this is what we're living with here. Don't argue about what's right or wrong on the forum. Just love your people and feel fortunate you didn't have anyone involved. My friend Maggie who was a host a Border Grill where I worked got shot through her back and it exited her pelvis. She's had two surgeries already and she's gonna be okay. I mean..... a country music festival??

Thank you friends. Your support means the world to me. Thank you TX!! You're a champ!!

Be well and make sure if your friends or family need help, for mental illness or issues, please be attentive and help them if you can.

I love you all.... you're the BEST!! :encouragement:

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I'm late to the thread, too, but good to hear from you, Tom. Hang in there through these rough days. It was a terrible tragedy.