Las Vegas shooting

silverfox103

Reaction score
Just got up and heard the news about the horrific Las Vegas shooting, Fifty people lost their lives, 200 injured, as I'm sure most know by now. Hope Tom stayed home last night.

Tom

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thank God my daughter, son in law, and granddaughter are safe - they just arrived in Las Vegas on Saturday, the first destination on their "out West" trip. They were just getting back to their hotel last night when the shooting started.

Praying for all the families and loved ones involved in this senseless, brutal act. God help us.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, hoping Tom's OK! How in the world can some 64-year-old guy take a gun and start killing scores of random people? Just does not compute.

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh man, this is just heartbreaking. Innocent people just out enjoying a music concert. Incomprehensible!!!! :sorrow:

mellowgerman

Reaction score
This is absolutely awful. Reading some of the outside commentary starting to trickle in (from the shooter's family, etc.), it sounds like this guy was simply an average citizen who snapped. To me this is another reminder that insanity and danger can come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. We're all in this together... I can't even begin to fathom what those directly affected by this must be feeling. On the same token, it's important to not let these types of tragedies keep us from living our lives to the fullest. If anything, it speaks to the unpredictability of life and should inspire us to seek out the beauty and love that the world still has to offer.
As this is all starting to sink in, here is some uplifting, musical comfort... a recent, relevant song by one of my favorite artists:

https://kevinmorby.bandcamp.com/album/beautiful-strangers-b-w-no-place-to-fall

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I'm good here. Early night, got home and was playing guitar when all this happened. However, I know several people who were working the festival. Caitlin (single mom) checked in. But now just waiting to see if any more friends are dead or injured. Sheesh. I don't even have the words to express........

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I'm good here. Early night, got home and was playing guitar when all this happened. However, I know several people who were working the festival. Caitlin (single mom) checked in. But now just waiting to see if any more friends are dead or injured. Sheesh. I don't even have the words to express........

I'm glad you're OK Tom, and I really hope none of your friends got hurt. I am so sick of this.