Did i goof up ????

12manyaxes

Reaction score
Hi all

I just made an offer on ebay for a gsr m75 aristocrat made in Hartford..

my off was accepted and I was surprised as it was way lower than what they were asking

now that its all said and done I cant find any info on these guitars and I am wondering if my rather impetuous move to have a new American made guild , was a huge blunder

any help or info would sure be appreciated

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It depends on what you spent and it's condition.

I find these on eBay from Canada:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371967388955
For $2800 ish

Then I find THIS one, by the SAME people, on Reverb for
https://reverb.com/item/3357312-guild-gsr-m-75-aristocrat-usa-made-new-hartford-antique-burst-9001

$5299 !!
When MSRP seems to be 500 bucks below that.

From scanning old posts, in this forum, it may be they only made about 23 of them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the fretboard is probably Rosewood, at least by the pictures and that is going to need extra paper work and time at the Canadian border, IF , you are not already in the Great White North.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
if u got the one that was offered recently at $1500 or so and had a changed bridge with extra pick guard screw holes and extra truss rod cover screw hole, or something like that, it may have been previously worked on (in a good way). i considered that one myself. sounds like u may have gotten a good deal on it?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
As long as the tail piece was moved to it's proper location and the pickup poles line up with the strings I think you did good. There was an issue with this particular model from the factory where the jig to rout and mount everything was not set up properly causing the tailpiece to be off centered and the pickup to be jammed up against one side of the rout. Fender said send them out anyway so they did. Probably the reason you have 2 sets of pickguard mounting holes present. The info about the jig being offset is listed on Page 8 of the thread link GAD Posted above. Still if it plays good and you like it when it arrives that is all that really matters. The problem with everything lining up the way it should is most likely why there are still several for sale new from certain dealers. They were probably just sitting in the warehouse and Cordoba inherited them when they bought Guild. Decide to clean out old inventory and shipped them to a dealer.

Let us know how it is when you get it and Congrats on a Cool Guild.

TX

12manyaxes

Reaction score
if u got the one that was offered recently at $1500 or so and had a changed bridge with extra pick guard screw holes and extra truss rod cover screw hole, or something like that, it may have been previously worked on (in a good way). i considered that one myself. sounds like u may have gotten a good deal on it?

I saw that one also.. I bought one of the new ones

12manyaxes

Reaction score
wow lots of info about the build of these guitars..

ii went from being worried that is was a white wood from korea to having a unplayable mess that was made incorrect by the nh factory

I questioned the seller if they had any knowledge of the misalignment on these guitars and of course he said he had no info about it ..but before he shipped it
he to some pics and even though you cannot tell 100% from pics , everything looked ok.. of course I will update and post pics once it gets here..
I have been given a delivery date of the 17th..

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
First off, very cool. The fretboard looks clean and I don't see any fret wear.

I do wonder about the string spacing on the bridge. It seems wider than it should be for the screws on the bridge pickup. But, I'm not a real electric guitar guy. Even if I am right, that would be an easy fix.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This one is hollow. If l could get one cheap enough, l would put the work into it, but not for the $2800 that l originally paid. As a guitar, l liked it a lot, but l liked my ex-wife a lot too. ;-)

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll say this - that's a damn pretty guitar!

Sleeko

Reaction score
I bought my Savoy X150 from Legato guitars for a very good price, reason being that the original bridge had been switched out. A new potential buyer had requested wider spacing of the strings - very similar to what you show - before he would consider buying. He then backed out. The two outer strings wanted to slip over the edge of the fingerboard. I bought it anyway and Hans alerted me to a brand new Guild bridge available on ebay. I bought it and had my local luthier cut the spacing like stock. Perfect, and I saved hundreds on this beautiful example.

5tIdUVZ.jpg

RMWTW2q.jpg