One more Guild sighting SF bass content

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
From the B classic Hot Rods to Hell, 1967.
MV5BMjI1OTU3NTIwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDcxODMyNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,966,1000_AL_.jpg

Mickey Rooney Jr and His Combo.
Yeah, I never knew Mickey Rooney had a kid, either.
And I've even seen the flick a couple of times.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I saw the pic and my knee jerk reaction was Newark Street. (It isn't and could not be. Best guess is early '66). Not many pictures of the sweet spot '66 in action. Can't tell whether he is really serious with that left thumb or not :)

gilded

Reaction score
Junior took after Mom, who was a Miss Alabama in the '40s and a Big Band Singer. She was tall and Jr. was 6'1".

Google Mickey Rooney Jr. and you'll see some more shots of the band, including the Guild SF. He later became Willy Nelson's bass player and had a small part in Honeysuckle Rose.

He started out showbiz in '55 in the Mickey Mouse Club, but and his brother were fired for going on one of the MM TV show sets that was under 'reconstruction' and mixing paint from various paint cans together. He appeared on Shindig a few times, once singing a Beatles' tune with a black Gibson J-185 and once or twice fronting a band!

Pleasant enough voice, but Life changed for him and he became a born again minister.

Probably more than any of you wanted to know, but there it is.

gilded

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Junior took after Mom, who was a Miss Alabama in the '40s and a Big Band Singer. She was tall and Jr. was 6'1".

Google Mickey Rooney Jr. and you'll see some more shots of the band, including the Guild SF. He later became Willy Nelson's bass player and had a small part in Honeysuckle Rose.

He started out showbiz in '55 in the Mickey Mouse Club, but and his brother were fired for going on one of the MM TV show sets that was under 'reconstruction' and mixing paint from various paint cans together. He appeared on Shindig a few times, once singing a Beatles' tune with a black Gibson J-185 and once or twice fronting a band!

Pleasant enough voice, but Life changed for him and he became a born again minister.

Probably more than any of you wanted to know, but there it is.

gilded

I love this place.
More research reveals his mother married Barney Kessel (!) after divorcing Mickey Sr.