krysh

Guildarist in the mod squad
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love mine, because it sounds more compressed and not so harsh with the emgs

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Can't listen to Roy Buchanan... never liked his playing or his stage demeanor... Jeff Beck
is the opposite... IMO
Always been a major JB Fan myself.
Probably never would have heard of Buchanan if it weren't for Jeff.
"'Cause We've Ended As Lovers" on Blow By Blow was Jeff's tribute to him.

@ Quantum:
Tele the most sonically versatile guitar there is?
Considering it was Jimmy Page's go-to for his time with the Yardbirds and on Led Zeppelin , I can see a case to be made for that.

@ GAD, what's goin' on with that T250?

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Music Zoo (the seller) says they've got it under control. All I can say is that I suddenly don't trust the Music Zoo.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Music Zoo (the seller) says they've got it under control. All I can say is that I suddenly don't trust the Music Zoo.
I realized something appeared to have gotten screwed up, just couldn't tell if there was "final resolution" yet.
Good luck sir.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
@ Quantum:
Tele the most sonically versatile guitar there is?
Considering it was Jimmy Page's go-to for his time with the Yardbirds and on Led Zeppelin , I can see a case to be made for that.

Yeah! I had Ted Greene in mind too. Jazz. He liked Teles as well as his Guilds. And I've found I can mimic other guitars on my Teles better than any of those others can mimic a Tele. That's not counting the Thinline with Seth Lover's Wide Range HBs either as that would be cheating. :) My old Tele was my first really good electric guitar, so I'm not exactly objective here…

-Dave-

matsickma

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I believe Hans had a major collection of Tele's before he got interested in Guild's.

M

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of the coolest parts of that T-250 is the neck plate:

ezbbr8k7eaqmjjkd28tu.jpg

Ralf

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Good luck. I thought I had heard Music Zoo called out on LTG as being OK, so maybe this is just an internal communications error. A local shop got into some internet/stocking problems because there were two people handling internet sales but they didn't talk much. One acknowledged a sale, de-listed it and then broke for lunch. Meanwhile the other saw that the item was supposed to be listed, wasn't, and so relisted it. Things were like that for a couple hours before the first employee remembered that they had a sale to complete...

matsickma

Reaction score
That neck plate is specific to 1986. That July 4th the Statue of Liberty refurbishment project, ran by Lee Iacoicca, was completed and celebrated to the nation. I was on my honeymoon in HI and I watched some of the festivities before heading out for the evening.
M

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Have we seen anything from the "New Guild" (Cordoba Music) as to what year they are going with that Guild "started"?

(For those who have not heard this rant from me, Fender changed the "Guild founded" year from 1952 to 1953 because they couldn't get organized enough in time for an anniversary. When grilled about it at a LMG, we where told with an embarrassing cough, "Uh, 1953 is when the first Guild was produced".)

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'll give 'em this, they shipped it quickly. It arrived today and is as advertised so far.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have to grudgingly say that so far I like it!

You were absolutely right about the belly cut. Because of the way this cut sits, I can lean the guitar more towards me while seated and as a result the top doesn't dig into my arm. Yay!

I haven't cleaned it or replaced the battery or strings or anything, but my first impression is that it delivers the spanky sound I'd expect from a Tele. I don't think I like the Fender-esque saddles on it (they're just like the ones that came with my 2008 Am Dlx Strat) but I dislike them less than I do traditional Tele saddles, so there's that.

It's like someone took a Tele and modernized it (circa mid-80s) so I can see why Tele purists wouldn't like it, but as someone who generally dislikes playing "pure" Teles, I dig the "Guildness" of it.