I'm Weak - T250

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got an alert that they lowered the price by 50% and jumped on it for what's probably still too much money but it's uncommon enough that I'll enjoy researching and writing about it.

I'm not a Tele guy at ALL, so I'm interested to see how I like it.

tvnshrti7ilrovtse95n.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
50% off! Can't argue with that! That's a cool guitar!

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Got an alert that they lowered the price by 50% and jumped on it for what's probably still too much money but it's uncommon enough that I'll enjoy researching and writing about it.

I'm not a Tele guy at ALL, so I'm interested to see how I like it.

tvnshrti7ilrovtse95n.jpg

Jeff Beck admired Roy Buchanan, and Roy Buchanan liked 'em well enough.
:friendly_wink:

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
You should find a Fender tele to compare and contrast it with. Looking forward to the review.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had an American Tele for a while and really couldn’t bond with it. I found it hugely uncomfortable and just didn’t enjoy playing it.

I’ve never been much of a single coil guy so we’ll see if I like it with EMGs.

Bonneville88

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats GAD! Looking forward to the review.

Can't listen to Roy Buchanan... never liked his playing or his stage demeanor... Jeff Beck
is the opposite... IMO

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had an American Tele for a while and really couldn’t bond with it. I found it hugely uncomfortable and just didn’t enjoy playing it.
Big difference with the T-250 vs the Tele, is a back comfort contour. Makes a big difference.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Big difference with the T-250 vs the Tele, is a back comfort contour. Makes a big difference.

The most comfortable "Tele" I've ever played had a Jazzmaster body. :) Tele pickups & hardware. Sounded great too. IMO Teles are the most sonically versatile electric guitar there is. Curious to get some idea of how GAD's T-250 sounds.

-Dave-

F312

Reaction score
Do all the T 250s have 1 5/8" nut? If so I don't think it would work for me.

Ralph

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total

It was actually the lack of a forearm contour that soured me most. I've had two surgeries on my right arm and anything that pushes against the bottom of my forearm causes my arm to go numb. It's one of the reasons I love guitars like with arched tops. Even guitars like the S300 don't bother me and that's about as slab as it gets but the shape of that part of a tele just doesn't work for me.

I'm still excited to try it, though.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, I emailed them and they're basically just too big for their own good.

SBrem

Reaction score
I had a chance to compare one to a Fender about 20 years ago (probably more) and though it was nice, it didn't have that "stab you in the chest" quality of the Fender.

Steve

matsickma

Reaction score
Guitar Center had a T-200 for sale a few weeks ago fir around $800. The T200 has the longer cutaway horn more like a Tele.

I actually owned one of the early T200 and to my knowledge only around 25 T200's were made before Guild introduce the T250 body style.

The early T200 had some relatively cheap pressed sheet metal bridge string adjustment standoff for each string. It didn't take to long before Guild upgraded them to the solid blocks of metal that are used on more modern Tele's. The offset head stock just never looked right on a Tele body. The EMG's add a deeper sounding tone to the guitar.

M