Guild factory

Metalman

Reaction score
Hi LTG'ers, , I've been out of the loup for a while. I hear the name "oxford" tossed around lately. Just where is the Guild Factory now?? Is Oxford in California? Is that the new Custom Shop? Forgive my ignorance, just trying to find some info. Thanks all!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi LTG'ers, , I've been out of the loup for a while. I hear the name "oxford" tossed around lately....

Actually, it's Oxnard, about 60 miles north of L.A. along the California coastline. Yep, big change, no new state-side production for over a year. They're getting rolling now, though.....

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
And to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a Guild "Custom Shop" at this time although there dreams and rumors that CMG Guild will produce some sort of limited edition, custom, or boutique/high end guitars in Oxnard three to five years down the road.

tommym

Reaction score
Seems Guild has been going out of their way to avoid the use of "Oxnard"......in favor of "California".

Tommy

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Seems Guild has been going out of their way to avoid the use of "Oxnard"......in favor of "California".

Tommy

Well ya gotta admit "Oxnard" as a homonym is dangerously close to, if not synonymous with, the term "Prairie Oyster", but has the disadvantage of being nowhere near as euphonius.
Darryl?"
Turnin' it over to you for the proper definition of euphonius.
I'll letcha off the hook about homonyms, though.
:glee:

Last edited:

tommym

Reaction score
It guess from a worldwide marketing standpoint it all comes down to:

California Dreamin' vs. Oxnard Dreamin'

Tommy

Darryl Hattenhauer

Venerated Member
Reaction score
A nickname for Coastie is "Oxnerd." A great jazzer was named "Euphonious Monk."

But seriously, the delay that Frono mentions is encouraging, because it sounds like Cordoba wants to do it right. Speaking of of doing it right, my friend Kim Kardashian and I..., oh, never mind.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
in 1967, the Guild factory used Oxford speakers in my Thunderbass-1 2x12 cabinet. they sounded good for guitar but awful for bass. i blew one out with the JS-1 neck humbucker, somewhat intentionally ("well, now I have no choice but to upgrade")

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, I missed your post of the flowery Guild photos it seems, yes! Thanks for sending me back to it!

walrus

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! Not only "euphonious"

Euphonium_Boosey_and_hawkes.jpg

Guild content - perhaps the starter drug that led to my first Guild...