Ngd.....2011 f47r

Neal

Reaction score
Glad to be of help.

I sold my F-47R to another member of my band, so I still have visiting privileges.

If it had a 1 3/4 nut, I would still own it.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad to be of help.

I sold my F-47R to another member of my band, so I still have visiting privileges.

If it had a 1 3/4 nut, I would still own it.

So 1/16th of an inch is a deal breaker ?
Or is it string spacing ? Meaning I played 1-11/16ths nuts that had way bad spacing mostly do to erratic nut and neck width .

One of the Epiphone masterbilts I bought and returned was horrible on both fronts .

I’m not trying to bad talk Guild but I played another f47
That felt off , I can’t remember what I did yesterday but guitars for some reason stick with me anyway
There is a differeance between the two and I can’t say exactly what other then basic chording positions .
I’m not feeling that with my F47 so I find this all very interesting.
And got the love of me I can’t figure out why I jumped on the this F47 I bought
My hands are not the largest but I use large gloves lol
My hand is more stout and short fingered with fatish fingers .
I can see where larger long fingered folks could have an issue but the difference of a 1/16 of inch is crazy cool lol

krugjr

Reaction score
thanks, Retro.....I'll always take a look at a New Hartford traditional when they're in excellent shape and around $1100.....even for that price I still can't "add" another guitar, so I'm comparing it to my Taylor 2013 516e FLTD as far as being my #2 guitar to go with my #1, the 2014 F50R.....played all three again today for several hours.....really a tough choice for #2.....the advantages the F47R has over the Taylor are most of the same advantages the F50R has ....didn't notice that as much until I played the F50R a lot today...so in that way, the Guilds are similar, and kind of fill the same role.....at the same time, the Taylor brings its own thing to the game, and it has some benefits for me that neither Guild gives me.....at first I thought it would be automatic, sell the Taylor and keep both Guilds, but the more I play all three, I find myself thinking the Taylor, for all the ways it fits my playing needs and compliments the F50R, could hold on to that #2 spot that it has held for a long time.....to be continued.....

Last edited: