Thread: First Love I've Shown to the Breedlove!!

First Love I've Shown to the Breedlove!!

Y'all know how excited I was by this guitar. It's lived up to ALL expectations. Made me reevaluate some of my stable, but the most important thing is ... I was so busy playing and enjoying, that I just realized these strings are 1.75 years old!! Granted they weren't played on much but tonight I just threw some D'Addario EXP 80/20 Bronzes on it and WOW!! This guitar exceeds all expectations, seriously. Even when I play it HARD!! It's almost like you can't over drive it!! It just holds it own and it's tone and ... no problem. Does it sound like the big boys, nope. Not at all. But that's not why I bought it. I really can't say enough good things about it. And now it's all washed down and licked and fretboard and body cleaned and fretboard and bridge conditioned.... I'm good here. I wish I could just transport this guitar to y'all and see what you think.

But alas, that's still Star Trek technology...... anyway... good times.

Tom in Vegas

Use the good china. Life itself is the special occasion.

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011
    Breedlove Oregon Concert Rogue 4/12/2016
    Washburn EA-20 "Festival Series", 1995

So happy to put new strings on the new favorite guitar, and I used D'Addario EXP 14's coated 80/20 Bronze. They sound AMAZING and I'm happy. For now.

Does anyone else have a changing station? I know y'all do but our dining room gets little use so we use it as a changing station (not the baby kind) and any of you have this neck block thing? Don bought it and I SWEAR it works for ANYTHING it's like a 58 way thing that can change to any guitar!! It's a must have for changing strings and doing work and the foam mat is great too. Just wondering if anyone else is enjoying such fun things.... not the professional guys but just regular guys like me.... if you could consider me that. LMAO!!

Tom in Vegas

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011

Glad you are happy (or more than happy) with the Breedlove, Tom! I restring both my guitars every month, no matter the use (usually plenty of hours), I love new strings! Of course, having only two guitars makes it easier...

BTW, to restring, I use my lap - the technique is vintage, and so is my lap!

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce

Quote Originally Posted by davismanLV View Post
    So happy to put new strings on the new favorite guitar, and I used D'Addario EXP 14's coated 80/20 Bronze. They sound AMAZING and I'm happy. For now.

Does anyone else have a changing station? I know y'all do but our dining room gets little use so we use it as a changing station (not the baby kind) and any of you have this neck block thing? Don bought it and I SWEAR it works for ANYTHING it's like a 58 way thing that can change to any guitar!! It's a must have for changing strings and doing work and the foam mat is great too. Just wondering if anyone else is enjoying such fun things.... not the professional guys but just regular guys like me.... if you could consider me that. LMAO!!

That's a good looking guitar. I keep hearing sterling reviews for the Oregon guitars. Gonna have to check em out.
    '56 Guild X50
    '67 Guild F30SB Hog/Sitka
    '73 Guild D25 Hog/Hog Flatback
    '79 Guild F50 Maple/Sitka
    '84 Guild D66 RW/Sitka
    '11 Guild F47 RW/Adi
    '14 Guild F50R RW/Sitka

Hey sixx, this guitar is amazing. Prettier than she $hitty a$$ photos say, but it's just quickly becoming my new favorite. I had to have the BLUE one but if you get a chance take a look at the ALL MYRTLEWOOD version of the Oregon Concert. That Myrtlewood top is AH-MAHZING!! There was an open box one on Musician's Friend for just a hair over $1600!!! Killer deal.... go look and see!! 45 day return policy. You pay shipping back if you don't like it. Which you WILL!! Check it out.....
    Tom in Vegas

Guild D65s, 1994
    Guild DV72, 1994
    Taylor GC8, 2011

I've used my lap but recently went to the table, way better. Got a free neck holder with a herc stand. Hey tom, check that string gun, mine stopped and had leaky batteries. Sprayed some deoxit to clean and it's working again.

Ralph

Sweet guitar, Tom.

I usually change strings in a spare moment at the shop, but my home setup is similar to yours. I use the Hercules holder and any handy towel. String-wise, the good old D'Addario EJ-16 has always been a favorite but I'm liking their new NB (Nickel Bronze) series, too.
    Dave

1989 D25 - 2013 DD6-RCE
    '07 Gibson Les Paul Std - '07 Martin D-18VE - '08 Taylor GA3-12 - '08 Nash Strat - '10 Jacobs Jagcaster - '13 Martin 000-28EC - 13 G&L Tribute JB2
    Dr. Z Cure - Fender Super Champ - Fishman Loudbox Mini - SWR 2X10C

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1018446