Guild F50 In Action

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
cool I'm not a country lover but that I liked :) Thanks for sharing :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am a Big Fan of everything Chris Ledoux! Probably saw him 10 times in my lifetime at different concerts, Rodeos, and County Fairs. He is truly one of my songwriting heroes and as a matter of fact I was playing a couple of his tunes ("Seventeen" and "Riding For A Fall") just last night messing around here at the house. Another thing I never realized until later in my life when I began playing was that Chris was a Long time Guild Guitar fan. When I saw him play live in the 90's and early 2000's he always had a Guild Jumbo strapped on for his shows and even in most of the one on one interview/performances he did. While he did like his F50 and F50R models, he played a Beautiful Guild JF100NT-CRV at a lot of live shows and on some of his "official" Music Videos. As a matter of fact here is the "Official" video for "This Cowboy's Hat" that played on CMT and such all those years ago and if you look close enough you will see him playing his JF100NT-CRV.

The man was an Amazing Talent in his song writing and the ability to tell a story through his music and songs both in live performances and in recordings. Not to mention he had Great Taste in Guitars! He was also one of the best Live Performers I have ever seen. It didn't matter if he was playing to 80 people or 80,000, I swear he connected with every person at everyone of his shows. Man I miss his influence on Country Music.

TX

krugjr

Reaction score
he lived a few miles south of me in WY.....believe he was a pretty good rodeo rider too.....

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
he lived a few miles south of me in WY.....believe he was a pretty good rodeo rider too.....

That he was Krug. Most all of his early recordings were songs about the rodeo and that way of life like "Bareback Jack", "Strawberry Roan", Copenhagen" among others. One of my favorites is his rendition of "Night Rider's Lament". In his early days he would go rodeo and then make a few bucks singing for the Rodeo riders and fans after the rodeo. His music career was pretty much like that until in 1989 Garth Brooks released his first album and the Debut hit Single was called "Much Too Young To Feel This Damn Old". He was friends with Chris and in one of the lines of that song Garth Wrote, "A worn out tape of Chris Ledoux, Lonely women and bad booze, Seem to be the only thing I've Left at All". From there on out everyone wanted to know who Chris Ledoux was and things took off like crazy for both him and Garth. They stayed extremely close friends until Chris Passed Away, Funny how things work sometimes.

TX

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Personally, I love country and I really enjoyed this tune. Not a lot of BS in country songs, just the real deal.

DV-72 NT

Reaction score
... As a matter of fact here is the "Official" video for "This Cowboy's Hat" that played on CMT and such all those years ago and if you look close enough you will see him playing his JF100NT-CRV. ...
TX
Would LOVE the chance to play one of these! Hope his strap locks don't fail! :eek-new: