I have a problem

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
That one actually showed up at capnjuan's sans alligator clips and reverb tank, One of these days, it's slated for return to verby goodness. Life has been a poo tornado for the past several years, but things look like I might get my life back.

matsickma

Reaction score
I owned a RC-20 years ago and sold it.

Interestingly I was searching for Guild amp info today on how to use a Thunderstar Bass head to drive a master/slave configuration and saw a picture online that may have been mine!?

Interesting little "after market" item. In addition to those babies having alligator clips to attach to the "clean" amp speaker they have a small rheostat connected to the input of the reverb tank.

In hindsight I should have kept it for historical reasons but I found the "speaker driver" sound quality was inferior to the Thunder1 RVT and Thunderbird (version 1).

In regards to the Thunderstar Bass master/slave setup...has anyone did it? I couldn't get it to work. My next step was to pull the chassis out if the box and look at the wiring between the "preamp out" and "power amp in" to confirm its wired up. Actually pretty advanced setup for its time.

M

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
That one actually showed up at capnjuan's sans alligator clips and reverb tank, One of these days, it's slated for return to verby goodness. Life has been a poo tornado for the past several years, but things look like I might get my life back.
When you finally get it together, that will make me very happy, simply as a tribute to capnjuan! :rapture:

As far as the poo tornado is concerned, I completely understand, as mine has been the same. My latest goal is simply to get a decent faultless rig--no fixes needed--together to plug in and play whenever I want. I'm a pedalboard assembly away, and it might even happen today. The previous pile of untouched amps I had just made me sad. Uggh!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
As long as you're fed, the bills are taken care of and the mortgage is paid, then it's an "issue". It only becomes a problem if those first things aren't getting done. Or if you have to move..... LOL!!! :devilish:

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The plan is to write them up, repair what's needed to make them reliable and to sell them off over the next few years. I don't need this many, lol.