I have a problem

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Straightening up the first floor closet under the steps to accommodate some furniture that I will be storing for the kids. I was using it as an "amp closet". I counted up the number of Guild amps that I own, and, uh, I have 20, plus two chassis. I also have a little Magnatone, a Radioshack branded Univox U-45, a Blackface Vibrolux, a Stewart, a Hilgen bass amp, a kit reverb tank, the Petty Univox, a Gibson GA20-T and an GA-1 RVT. I'm building a 5E3 clone too.

That's 32 tube gadgets. I have a problem.

<edit found additional stuff>

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
that's pretty awesome! thankfully I am only responsible for you acquiring 4 Guild amps. 18 is quite impressive!
i'm possibly interested in the BF vibrolux if u are looking to off some non-Guilds

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Tell you what. I'll give you fifty bucks for the Blackface Vibrolux and I'll take that kit off your hands for free because I like you and want to see you reclaim some space. I mean, who would pay for a half-built amp?

Sal

Reaction score
Your problems will be solved when you finish that 5e3 build!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think I have the Fifties covered. I have missed two Guild amps that I know of, the Model 50 that showed up here a while back and a PA amp. Outside of that, I don't know what I am missing, unless I can find a pricelist or a catalog from the 50s.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
that's pretty awesome! thankfully I am only responsible for you acquiring 4 Guild amps. 18 is quite impressive!
i'm possibly interested in the BF vibrolux if u are looking to off some non-Guilds

Oh, yeah, the 98-RVT and the 66-J.

Last edited:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I want to KNOW more about amps, but the more I know, the more I would probably want. I don't think I need to share your problem.

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Doesn't sound like a problem to me! Better then spending the money on drink, dames and drugs!

(I'll still trying to check out the 50's literature for you!)

Last edited:

bobouz

Reaction score
Will have to copy & keep your post for the next time my wife gives me a bad time about the 18 amps & two cabs tucked into closets throughout the house.

You've done a good thing here!

matsickma

Reaction score
Model 50 and the PA amp...those two must be the most difficult to come by. If I recall correctly the Guild PA amp maybe the only amp Guild made using EL34 power tubes.
Do you have a Guild Reverb Converter, RC20, in that "walk in" closet?

M

matsickma

Reaction score
My wife gets on me occasionally for all the stuff I have. The shed is stuff full. The two car garage is full without card, the attic is stuffed full with holiday decorations and my stuff and the basement is packed and stacked with my gear.

I think I also have a problem!

If I gave up all my music stuff and just held on to a Mark 3, I could move into a SUV and be "an air conditioned Gypsie and go mobile". Retirement can't come soon enough!

M

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Model 50 and the PA amp...those two must be the most difficult to come by. If I recall correctly the Guild PA amp maybe the only amp Guild made using EL34 power tubes.
Do you have a Guild Reverb Converter, RC20, in that "walk in" closet?

M

I've never seen an RC20 offered for sale, anywhere. :-/

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HAHAA

And I thought I have a problem with some 50 Studer and ReVox reel-to-reel tape machines, amps, mixers - and few Guild guitars :joyous:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I've been working on my problem, but I didn't know yours was so . . .<ahem>, well-advanced. While others offer to help you out by relieving you of the BF Fenders, I'll happily help out with any spare Gibson RVTs, esp. if they're tweedy-ish. :C)