Yup NGD , New Custom

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Heres poor mans demo...

Very full sound on that guitar! Love the duet as it develops out in the middle of the piece. Drop the ambiance, let the rhythm take you, lol! Reminds me of.... no way am I going to be able to recall!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very full sound on that guitar! Love the duet as it develops out in the middle of the piece. Drop the ambiance, let the rhythm take you, lol! Reminds me of.... no way am I going to be able to recall!

Ok yoda! Sound like me , I had to come up with something heck you try chording good in the tuning lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this story has a happy ending, after that massage.

(sorry . . . could not resist)

I’m sure she’ll want more once Ben starts buffing her out . He has excellent hands so all the lady guitars say.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well the F47 made it Reno in one peice , now I can breath .
All I know of the moment is , it is a wood Crack ( thank you Tx for pointing it out )
And it can be fixed up pretty , she’ll get nice clear pick gaurd as well along a expert eye looking in all the right places . ;)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And it can be fixed up pretty , she’ll get nice clear pick gaurd as well along a expert eye looking in all the right places . ;)

a8fbb1f56acc7de4e6240075807bf921--horror-pics-creepy-dolls.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well the F47 made it Reno in one peice , now I can breath .
All I know of the moment is , it is a wood Crack ( thank you Tx for pointing it out )

No problem Ray, Glad to hear she is in good hands and everything is fixable. You have to expect a little bit of maintenance when you start dating a Super Model caliber guitar like the GSR F47K right? Congrats and can't wait to hear how it all turns out!

TX

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Ray - Congrats on an absolute beauty! I am glad they are taking care of the repair. Might seem like a hassle, but likely totally worth it. I love that body shape. It is super comfy. Big ups to TX for spotting it for you. I too miss things from time to time and that is why I love this joint.

I had a GAD F-40 ( poor mans version ) and the body hit the spot.. Sold her to buy more electrics. I am foolishly into electrics right now.

Would own another in heart beat. I would love to buy Richard's.. However, I subscribe to the sell one before you buy one model. This way I can stay in ample supply of mustard and biscuits and not dip into the household funds.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray - Congrats on an absolute beauty! I am glad they are taking care of the repair. Might seem like a hassle, but likely totally worth it. I love that body shape. It is super comfy. Big ups to TX for spotting it for you. I too miss things from time to time and that is why I love this joint.

I had a GAD F-40 ( poor mans version ) and the body hit the spot.. Sold her to buy more electrics. I am foolishly into electrics right now.

Would own another in heart beat. I would love to buy Richard's.. However, I subscribe to the sell one before you buy one model. This way I can stay in ample supply of mustard and biscuits and not dip into the household funds.

Thanks D30man , sometimes the poor mans version are the better ;)

I hear ya on the Electric , I debated upgrading my Ibenaz rocker , I always forget the model anyway decided instead I wanted a Les Paul body again so I went poor mans and just got me a Epi pro custom Koa . Have to say the Epi pro bucker rocks darn close to the 58 gib humbuckers , better then the Ibenaz pickups for sure .

Here’s a link to the model at sweet water , I had to order mine asked to pick me out a well matched top and back and Bam they did great !

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...MIip37tYjp1gIVEAeGCh3nWw07EAQYAyABEgJ9efD_BwE

I’ll be getting the Tech 21 GT2 amp sim to use with Daw fun times again yaaaaaay ! Haha

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey all here are the Crack and finish repair pics . I think Ben did an awesome job ! Pick guard is not done yet but I will post a pic soon as it's on :)

Gr5Xe1o.jpg
[/IMG]
tFD6xCA.jpg
[/IMG]

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Repair Job by your Luthier Ray! That is what a Quality repair is supposed to look like, like it was never there at all. Bet you can't wait to get it back. Granted this was a Crack repair but that is the type of Quality work I have come to expect when getting a guitar repaired or having maintenance done on it after being spoiled by my Luthier down here. There is a big difference in a repair and a Quality repair by someone who does it right the first time. I might pay a little extra for some of the work I have done but I don't mind at all knowing that it is done right and turns out like yours did. Congrats man, can't wait to see her get back home to you safe!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys , if you held one of Ben’s guitars you’d know why I went straight to him for the repair .
I guess I should be lucky he did it at all because he’s not in the repair business .
But he mentioned he did some work for his friends and customers.

Wild West Guitars is doing a good job of handling my repair albeit slowly lol so soon as they settle the bill it should be on her way home unless the pick gaurd is not installed yet that I don’t know .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaay ! My F47 GSR is home !
Not had a lot of time with her . I unpacked her and struggled to her out of the box dang she and the case is heavy lil thang lol

I gave her some time to warm up then tuned her up to like a flat low C or something lol low really low haha it was standard tuning otherwise .

I played a D chord finger picking did a little high E slidey thing back down to D just with the high E and G string along with a low G .

Shifted to C flat to F# and it sounded pretty cool, in standard tune it would totally be none expressive . Lol
I like this Guitar 😁

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats, Ray, on getting it home to play!

"in standard tune it would totally be none expressive" is a very deceiving description of the sound!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats on getting her home safe Ray! The first few days is the best with a New to you Guitar, Especially one that hasn't been played that much. Here is to you getting some quality time with it over the next few days! Hopefully my New to me acquisition will be ready in the next few weeks. It normally would have been ready by now but my Luthier is currently over run with trying to save some Flood Victim Guitars that took a dive during Hurricane Harvey. For the mean time I am enjoying the company of my N.H. F-50 Maple this evening and hoping you are enjoying that GSR model!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats on getting her home safe Ray! The first few days is the best with a New to you Guitar, Especially one that hasn't been played that much. Here is to you getting some quality time with it over the next few days! Hopefully my New to me acquisition will be ready in the next few weeks. It normally would have been ready by now but my Luthier is currently over run with trying to save some Flood Victim Guitars that took a dive during Hurricane Harvey. For the mean time I am enjoying the company of my N.H. F-50 Maple this evening and hoping you are enjoying that GSR model!

TX
Ah you never fail to impress lol
I just played that little piece then snugged her back up and set her next Gloria .
I’m watching Stranger things on Netflix’s and drinking a few or to many beers so I put the guitars out of harms way lol

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ah you never fail to impress lol
I just played that little piece then snugged her back up and set her next Gloria .
I’m watching Stranger things on Netflix’s and drinking a few or to many beers so I put the guitars out of harms way lol

Finished watching season 2 a few days ago. Probably going to watch it again so I can catch all of the stuff I missed the first time around, LOL!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Finished watching season 2 a few days ago. Probably going to watch it again so I can catch all of the stuff I missed the first time around, LOL!

TX

Coffeeeeeeee ...... Morning 😁 Cool you watched it Tx . When looking about for some shows last summer I came across it almost let it go thinking it could be more kid sided them what I wanted. Glad I checked it out . Yesterday I thought it had a bit of Close incounters of the third kind with a tad bit of the Goonies and one more I can’t put my finger on , oh can’t rember the name the one where the monster thing crashed on the train and the kids filmed it , kind of like a Blair witch type movie filming wise .

Wow... just gorgeous!

Thanks she is a sweet little thing :)