Yup NGD , New Custom

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Or is it a GSR ? hahaha

Ok so yeah I wanted a F50R sunburst but couldn't find one so I bought this ! The Guild F47KC GSR , only after I bought the F47 did the F50R came up for sale haha

I looked her over real good and I am one picky son of a gun if theirs a blemish I find it and I did but its so minimal , I'll barly keep looking at it. :)

I played a F47R was not that impressed not that it was a bad guitar but just did not ring for me so I took a chance on this and I'm happy to say Wow she sounds awesome over tones Yup ! Koa is kind of new me. I did play a Taylor 6,000 Koa model and after a few picks and strums I hanged back up and did not look back.

This little baby sounds pretty sweet and I'm impressed so I'll will get a demo up soon as I can .
The only thing that freaks me out is no pickgaurd like who in their right mind would want to cover up that beauticul bear claw top , ME ! as I will damage the top finger picking her with my resting finger / fingers nails so Im not sure what to do maybe a clear gaurd like on my Wilborn .

anyway Pics her they if I do it right not great lighting and poo poo iphone camrea .

BkkMOdh.jpg
[/IMG]

6ESheKX.jpg
[/IMG]

uogbMet.jpg
[/IMG]

wrw6n7m.jpg
[/IMG]

kVt8cru.jpg
[/IMG]

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Bh4TFJM.jpg
[/IMG]1

uVxOAnB.jpg
[/IMG]

PjXlgTv.jpg
[/IMG]

Tq5yJzC.jpg
[/IMG]

dXAk72S.jpg
[/IMG]

MxX0oMV.jpg
[/IMG]

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Only one word for that guitar, Ray - WOW! What a bear claw top!

walrus

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Ray, I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. Interested in your thoughts on the tone of that model after you get a chance to break her in.

TX

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
You can get clear pickguard material; that's what I used on my bearclaw topped Rounder.

beecee

Reaction score
Well done!

I have never seen that model, very pretty!! If it sounds half as good as it looks you've done well!!

However...That strap really doesn't go with guitar, I'll take it off your hands as a favor. :=).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Rayk;1774994 [IMG said:

Rarely do I lust after another man's guitar, but having recently realized I might like an F40-sized body (for comfort) better than my former F30R pipedream, I am officially jealous.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Tx was kind enough to tell me about the crack at the tail piece section , I missed that completely guess I didn't look it over good enough.

I used a high power light to check it out closely . The light makes it stand out pretty good , but looking at it from multiable angles it looks like the crack is in the Nitro not the wood. can't see anything from the inside because of the tail block and center strip seem peace otherwise inside is clean.
I'll contact the seller and see what we can work out .
Thanks Tx

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh check out the funky bear claw bridge ! hahahaha not seen that before not sure what it is but IM not bugged by it it matches the bear claw top LOL

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well done!

I have never seen that model, very pretty!! If it sounds half as good as it looks you've done well!!

However...That strap really doesn't go with guitar, I'll take it off your hands as a favor. :=).

It still has its new leather smell ands its soft and sugglely , best strap I've seen in a long time ...... How much ? .... Nah just cant do they been together for so long who am I to break them up . LOL

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It still has its new leather smell ands its soft and sugglely , best strap I've seen in a long time ...... How much ? .... Nah just cant do they been together for so long who am I to break them up . LOL
Actually my highly developed sense of recall is telling me the strap was part of the "GSR" package.
So yes, "no".
Don't break 'em up.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That particular strap is the Guild Baseball Glove leather strap that you can buy from the online Guild Store or from a vendor on Ebay, etc.. I think they run around $40-$60. I have one and they are extremely comfortable. This particular GSR Model may have come with that strap but most of the earlier GSR Acoustics including my GSR D50 came with the Western style Tooled Leather Guild Guitar strap that had a capo pocket on it as part of the "GSR" case candy set. You will see them pop up on Ebay from time to time for sale used. Both straps are great but I prefer the Baseball Glove leather strap as the feel is softer on my bad shoulder.

Here is a pic of the Tooled leather Strap I was talking about that came with some of the GSR Acoustic Guilds. This photo is from a recent ad for one on Ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

TX

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, Ray, my friend.... I may not always know what you're talking about but THIS is something I can TOTALLY understand!! That bearclaw is AMAZING!! Congrats, amigo!! Play it in good health, okay??? :encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

merlin6666

Reaction score
Wow congrats I wasn't even aware of this model until recent threads. With regards to pick guard I thought the GSR models had one included for those who want to install it. Seems not all of them.