Hard Foam case for D25

Reaction score
Hello. Was hoping someone could steer me in the direction for a hard foam case that fits a D25. I know the rounded back can cause some fitting problems. But has anyone had success with the semi hard cases that they know the guitar will fit in? Thanks in advance.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
HI Accoustic:
In mid '90's the D25 was sold with the same flat-topped TKL case that fit the Guild flatback dreads. (There were 2 versions, the "deluxe" version had an arched top for better strength and was supplied with high-end guitars)
The padding was thick enough that the extra depth of the arch was not an issue.
Sorry I know that wasn't the question, maybe a better answer would be to also look for a case with a 5-1/2" depth to allow for the arched back.
TKL 's still in business and might be worth contacting.
Good luck!

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply. I am actually looking for a light case, not the gig bag ones but the ones in between that are semi solid. I just hate to order something and find out it doesn't fit.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply. I am actually looking for a light case, not the gig bag ones but the ones in between that are semi solid. I just hate to order something and find out it doesn't fit.
Right, and why I suggested looking at a slighter greater body depth spec than the 5" spec of Westerly dreads (which they even showed on the archbacks like D25 and D30), since I have no clue as to how rigid or thickly padded those semi-solid cases might be.
But if TKL offers one I do think they're still a reputable good quality mfr.
:friendly_wink:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hi, go to the Guild site here
http://guildguitars.com/g/westerly-d-240e/
Check and see if your Guitar match’s the measurements of this Guitar if so contact Guild or a guild dealer about ordering the soft case that these guitars come with . :)

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
If I were you. I'd pick up the phone and call Sweetwater. I deal with a gent named Joel Helton and he is exceptional. He'll hook you up with the right case. I'm a big fan of the hard foam case and personally, far prefer it to the typical tolex case.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I could swear somebody just asked this same question.

Somebody did. But time needed to pass to be sure that there really was a duplicate (since removed) and not just a case of "seeing double" induced by Moderator Indulgence.

kostask

Reaction score
You'd have to check the dimensions out, but Gator makes a "lightweight" case that is basically made of high density foam. They are pretty solid, can take some bumps without having the guitar inside get damaged, and come in a variety of sizes. I don't know if they are deep enough to fit an arched back guitar, as I don't own one. My DV-52 fits in their dreadnought sized case just fine.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
My original '76 D-25M case had an arched top. That case had a lot of miles on it and it fell apart long ago. Now I have a standard flat topped Guild case, and it fits just fine. But be careful, I tried out many off-brand cases that looked like they would fit, but would not accommodate my arch-back D-25M. Obviously, the top needs to close without being pushed down.