Just saw this on Guilds Instagram ...

Gonzo

Reaction score
These are taken from the "story" bit of Guilds Instagram, so they'll disappear in 24 hours (on Instagram, not here).

20tnzwj.png

14o6bdh.png

2m76ljl.png

It looks like something new is in the works, with an early 60s Polara body shape.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Ah, so not news then? I hadn't seen that and thought I'd seen something new.

The fact they're drawing attention to it seems to suggest that it might be due for release soon, otherwise why bother?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not a fan of that version of the Polara's headstock. Prefer the T-Bird style headstock on those.

matsickma

Reaction score
GC was taking advanced orders for this model last Spring. The problem was the advertisement and offering was confusing. They showed a Black S100 guitar with dual mini HB pickup, bolt-on neck with Hagstrom trem, a White S100 with dual mini HB with hard stop and set neck and a light blue S50 with a single "reissued Mickey Mouse" SC pup. All were listed at the same price and it was hard to know what you were getting.
I suspect they didn't get many preorders because of this confusion and may not have released the product. This guitar was also said to have a longer 25.5 inch scale neck.
M

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I can see it, Grot.

No comparison on the new vs. old Guilds IMO. Gotta get my hands on a NS S200 to write up but no way I'm paying full price for one.

matsickma

Reaction score
I See dead people, er... I mean a sunburst Thunderbird.

GAD add to your list a TBird with hard stop and Franz pups.

My comparison of the NS TBird to Vintage is spot on. I had problems with the Hagstrom trem in a sunburst Thunderbird but a black one worked perfectly.

One thing I like about the NS version is the bridge doesn't cut into the palm of your hand like the vintage Hagstrom version. On my vintage bird I installed a modified low E string intonation block with the edge ground down to keep my palm from getting chewed up.

M

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Like this?

S-100.jpg

(Just out of curiosity are you all seeing the photo?)
Not only seeing it but being super envious. What a beauty. Survived all the falling over because of that stand that everyone thought was a cool idea.... maybe not so much!! BEAUTIFUL!! I love seeing this examples from "The Vault"..... :encouragement:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
i prefer the single coil, single pickup, variations, myself (but i'm no critic!)

XYIDNK.jpg

also kick stands are...overrated!

matsickma

Reaction score
Those Jetstars do have a great sound coming out of the centered pickup. Was weened on the version with the Hagstrom trem.

M

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm only asking about seeing the photo because I am still posting from Photobucket. (SHHHH don't tell them!)

Mavuser, you're referring to the S-50 Jet Star as opposed to the S100 Polara, correct?

Kodak093.jpg

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
mavuser, the headstock on the right is outrageous!

walrus

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not only seeing it but being super envious. What a beauty. Survived all the falling over because of that stand that everyone thought was a cool idea.... maybe not so much!! BEAUTIFUL!! I love seeing this examples from "The Vault"..... :encouragement:

Just for everybody's edification, only the S-200 Thunderbird had a "Kickstand". The S-100 Polara and S-50 Jet Star did not.