Just bought a store demo T Bird in black ...My current Guild @3...

old mark

Reaction score
I own a late '70's Guild acoustic, a mid '80's Guild Pilot fretless bass, and just a few hours ago bought online a store demo s 200 T Bird in basic black. I had been looking at some odd SG types, but I have owned several of those before and they are sort of...boring...so I looked at Guilds, and found an all-black T Bird, a former music store demo, in great shape except for a few very minor handling scratches, and dirt cheap...I was very impressed by the versatility of these interesting guitars, so I bought it...should be here by Saturday. I now have to sell off some of my other guitars, which is OK... I still have way too many...(Blasphemy, I know...)
I really like the look of the T Birds and from what I see they are great players.
Looking forward to it!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It's one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played; sitting or standing. Stoptail or the original reissue with the vibrato?

b0rn2w0rsh1p

Reaction score
Asheville, NC (prev: Casper, Wy & FL Gulf Coast)
I have an original with the mini HBs from 1964. With the original wood case, it is a pretty heavy package to walk more than a few blocks with! (lol) The three switch panel can give you some added sounds not offered by an SG, but be careful since if you have both P.U.s off, when you go to the middle position (normally "Both" pu's, but routes to the "3 switch panel" on a T-bird) you won't have any sound! Enjoy your T-Bird!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
It's one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played; sitting or standing.

Yup!

A common exchange:

"That's a weird looking guitar."

"Yeah, it is. Pick it up and play a little."

"Hmmm… Oh… Hey, this thing feels good!"

-Dave-

old mark

Reaction score
You know, this odd lookin' thing is comfortable...

:dread:
Yup!

A common exchange:

"That's a weird looking guitar."

"Yeah, it is. Pick it up and play a little."

"Hmmm… Oh… Hey, this thing feels good!"

-Dave-

Neck remind me of a 50's era Gibson Les Paul neck...wide but very fast. I have to finish tweeking the bridge and pickup height...just a tad too low...It's a HEAVY solid mahogany slab guitar, with good pickups for TONE..I play sort of jazzy blues on it, and it's one of those guitars that can do anything...Best frets in the industry...Gibson beware...NOT neck heavy at all, and those good ol' Grovr Sta-Tite tuners, just like on my Gretsch...Never slip, very simple.
A great guitar. Sounds feels plays great, I hope they make these for many years to come.

Mark:joyous: