Guild Sighting M-75 FRANZ 1960

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Matt Marinelli from Valerie June's band, at Farm Aid

ZepLsl.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
Interesting...it looks like it has the high end fret markers with the triangular abolone shape and color.
M

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Interesting...it looks like it has the high end fret markers with the triangular abolone shape and color.
M

No, they're not! That's the celluloid material that shrinks and gets a funny color. Eventually they will fall out or fall apart; typical for that particular period!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

matsickma

Reaction score
Thanks for the correction Hans. Something just didn't look right. I never seen that level of fret marker discoloration in the center of each marker before.

My old '50's Aristocrat doesn't show fret marker shrinkage. I just pulled it out and the more I look at them I'm suspecting they may have been updated somewhere along the life of the guitar.

Another odd feature of this guitar is that the serial number is not stamped into the headstock. This guitar has the SN stamped into the base of the guitar with the numbers 2755 stamped in a semicircular pattern around the lower half of the hole for the ground wire connection to the Harp. The binding is a very plane single layer of white that hasn't shrunk over these years.

I did see one other Blond Aristocrat many years ago on eBay with a similar SN marking scheme. Its been probably 15 years since I saw that guitar and any images I did have are probably lost on a old computer harddrive.

M