Value of my Guild Mark 2 1976

Reaction score
I was given an American made Guild Mark 2 1976 acoustic with its original case and was wondering what kind of price it would go for. Its in decent condition and has a few scratches and dings but only visible upon closer inspection. The case is in okay condition but more than the guitar itself. I have only been playing for about a year so this is all very new to me. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG! You might want to look on Ebay under sold listings as example. It's hard to give any value if one does not have the guitar in hand. There are many things that can influence value, any changed parts, the action of the strings, the saddle height, the condition of the tuning machines, any breaks, and so on.
I'd guess anything between $300 and $600 could be possible but it always depends what a buyer is looking for.

Ralf

Last edited:

silverfox103

Reaction score
I'd say between $300 to $425 if you want to sell it. You probably could sell it quickly at $300, but everything would have to be "lined up" to get $425. I see them being offered at crazy prices, but they never sell.

Tom

Sal

Reaction score
The quality of the case will effect price a bit too; lightweight cardboard vs a hard case.

Reaction score
Great! Thank you guys so much. I'll let you know if and how much I was able to sell it for