The Wayfaring F-50R's continuing saga...

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
that is awesome! can't wait to see those vids. super happy for you, RR.

amazing about the F-50R. that thing has had quite a journey from haloween stickers, to mysterious mystical mail mix up, to Kris' hands and auto, and to be part of his band for a night. and to think, the journey really has just begun. I guess she is a keeper!

crank

Reaction score
I've been working on Sunday Morning Coming Down a bit. Easy to play - hard to sing in that it's hard for me to get the phrasing right. I also like it better than Me and Bobby Mcgee. Probably played that for 1 too many chick singers in my life.

F312

Reaction score
Now to work on that new and improved, now even better Résumé, Congrats.

Ralph

Reaction score
Sunday Morning Comin' Down has been part of my Cash tribute for awhile, although Cash's version is a little different than Kris's. And we have ALL backed a female vocalist doing a version of Janis's Bobby McGee!!! And I have played For The Good Times and Help Me Make It Through The Night a few times as well, going all the way back to the 80's. But there's nothing like being on Stage and playing and singing with the guy that wrote 'em!!!

dbirchett

Reaction score
Very cool story. Have always enjoyed Kris' songs.

This is a very strange version of Help Me Make it Through the Night ... done in the style of the Coasters.

beecee

Reaction score
Great story.

Did you get to see Katherine Ross? Loved her in Butch Cassidy

Reaction score
And here I am onstage with Kris and my band...and my 1975 G-41. (I brought my two favorite acoustics to this gig, just in case.)
I told Susan she could play the F-50R that Kris signed, because she can't really play the huge G-41 comfortably, but she was so awe-struck, she could barely remember to sing! LOL! "Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train..."
Left to right:
Craig Stull, lead guitar, Kris Kristofferson, me (geeky fan-boy smile and all!), and my g/f and singer Susan Ritter.
(Not pictured, but still onstage and playing...David Moscoe keys, Vince Tividad bass and Tom Fillman drums.)

BGfN4Oz.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The moment after Kris signed the Wayfairing F-50R backstage.

yRpRBwh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what a great picture! KK should send it to Sharpie! (along with an invoice and schedule of recurring residual royalties, of course).

Also (seriously) I would explore prining out a nice high quality 8.5x11 minimum size of that photo, and reach out to inquire if Kris would be kind enough to provide a personalized autograph "to Steve and Susan" which i'm sure he would be happy to do.

this is an epic picture, just look at all of the little things going on in this picture (including the auto on the F-50R along with the Sharpie, among many, many, other perfect details).

Officially tied for GOAT photo of a forum member on LTG (edwin with Phil's bass is your equal!). NICE WORK

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
mavuser, you made me look at the photo again a bit closer - the mirror image is also tremendous!

walrus

livemusic

Reaction score
How cool! I love that you had the forethought to have somebody taking pictures, that photo of the handshake is awesome, too.

Reaction score
I actually didn't have the forethought to have someone taking pictures! Just happened to be someone there with an iphone!
Probably one of the band. I'm really bad with that kind of stuff, been that way my entire career, and I have been blessed to have shared the stage with lots of celebs, and don't have pics to mark the occasions. I'm horrible with p.r. and promo stuff.