Setzer Bluesbird Review

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
1986 Setzer Bluesbird review: http://www.gad.net/Blog/2017/09/12/guild-brian-setzer-bluesbird/

Guild-Setzer-Bluesbird-TopFull2.jpg

As always, please feel free to PM me with errata. Thanks!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'd also like to know what the universe keeps sending me black and white guitars.

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Quite enjoyed that GAD. I thought 'The Knife Feels Like Justice' was a great album when it came out; I'm going to have to dig that out. Having been around back then, I can see what Guild was trying to do with their solid body guitar line. Win some, loose some. I remember thinking at the time that this was a wierd looking guitar. As much as I liked Setzer, I did not Want to go out and buy one. I guess most folks felt the same way.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Good write up! Never was a fan of the 80's "super strat" guitars, but that's just me.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Nicely done, as usual, GAD! That is a cool guitar!

walrus

kakerlak

Reaction score
I really like the body shape on these and especially dig the solid slab flamed maple ones. I wish they'd made a hardtail version with a regular headstock and HB-1s -- I wonder whether it was ever under consideration. I could never get along with the EMGs or tremolo, not to mention the headstock. I think your options on what would fit in those single coils routes would be pretty limited, too, if you wanted to swap pickups, unless G&L S-500 pickups would fit.