Kind of Proud

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine, Austin Church, has been an artist and song-writer for decades. He's had songs done by several famous folks. Austin approached me about recording his next CD in my "Dave's Cave" studio, and I jumped at the chance.

If you listen, you will find that Austin's music is pretty eclectic. A bit "out there" maybe, but the guy is very
creative and this project was a lot of fun.

kds_cover_500.png

As we got more comfortable working together, I contributed more and more.
Bass, percussion, backing vocals, etc. On the song "Love was her Middle Name" I did the
entire backing track. And to tie it to LTG, the acoustic guitar on that one is my D-25 with a K&K
pure mini with the pre-phase preamp, direct into the board.

Click here to listen.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice , love to have me a cave ... A Ray cave ! Lol
Hope to hear more projects :)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That sounds Great Dave! Mr. Church sounds like a character for sure. Bet it was a fun time working on that album together. Congrats on some nice producing and recording.

TX

gilded

Reaction score
Gee, wonderful, Dave. More than merely cool; way cool!!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That sounds Great Dave! Mr. Church sounds like a character for sure. Bet it was a fun time working on that album together. Congrats on some nice producing and recording.

TX

Austin is a unique fellow. If you want to hear a good reflection of his personality try "Speakin' in Drums" That was one of the first we did and I truly was scratchin' my noggin and thinking WTF. But somehow it works and was stuck in my head for weeks.

For me, the challenge was using my tools and techniques in such a way as to not interfere with the raw, organic quality of the music that Austin was keen to preserve.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Speakin' In Drums is definitely a favorite so far!! Still working through it all. Great music, Dave!!! :encouragement::encouragement:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Speakin' In Drums is definitely a favorite so far!! Still working through it all. Great music, Dave!!! :encouragement::encouragement:

Thanks, Tom. Austin came in with a lot of great material. It all builds on that.