F50R pricing

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm like innocently looking around , like totally
And I remember that I've seen average pricing at the bottom of the page on Reverb but not so much now though I am using the app .
Anyway I'm wondering what the price range for the F50R's preferably the NH models in Natuarl and Sunburst would be in very good to excellent condition or the full range if one knows .
Also what year did NH start up and officially end ?

Tally Hoe ! Have a great day Coffeeeeeeeee ! Weeeeeee :)

beecee

Reaction score
I would start at $10,000 for a good clean burst.

nyuk nyuk

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh crappie I like fishing for , there goes my bass boat . Haha

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ray,

New Hartford started official production (non-prototype D-55s) in 2009 and terminated mid-2013.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dang , now thati is depressing I had no idea it was that short of a run .
:(

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hey Ray!!!! Don't dismiss the made in Tacoma F 50R's from your consideration. I bought one new (and that's a rarity because I seldom buy new gear) and it is exceptional. Good luck in your search.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ray,

New Hartford started official production (non-prototype D-55s) in 2009 and terminated mid-2013.

Actually New Hartford production stopped around May 28th, 2014 If I recall Correctly.

TX

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What's the word on the jumbo Orphuems ?
Seen one off them for the first time doing a search .

Oh looky Tx has one of those too ! Geez O'petes Tx ! Lol

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm like innocently looking around , like totally
And I remember that I've seen average pricing at the bottom of the page on Reverb but not so much now though I am using the app .
Anyway I'm wondering what the price range for the F50R's preferably the NH models in Natuarl and Sunburst would be in very good to excellent condition or the full range if one knows .
Also what year did NH start up and officially end ?

Tally Hoe ! Have a great day Coffeeeeeeeee ! Weeeeeee :)

Be really careful Ray, You are fishing in Mythical waters with a New Hartford or Tacoma F50R. It starts out all nice and wonderful with a really great tone and then before you know it they are irreplaceable, LOL! Tacoma builds similar to the New Hartford Builds didn't come along until around 2006 If I am not mistaken. The Beginning of Tacoma Production was a transition from the way they were built in Corona with Sitka Bracing.

As far as used Pricing for a New Hartford F50R condition is everything in reference to price. I have seen them in Excellent to Mint condition with no blemishes or wear sell for between $1600 (on the Extremely Rare Occasion) to as high as $2200 on the used Market plus shipping. The DTAR Wavelength Multisource factory Pickup (Now the Duncan Wavelength Duo) can add or subtract up to $200 from the price. I have also seen NOS Models still for sale by their Dealers new with full warranty for between $2500-$2800 on the rare occasion you find one. For reference when they were in Full Blown Production at New Hartford in 2013, I purchased mine in Natural finish Brand New with the Factory DTAR Wavelength Multisource and Full Factory Warranty from a Licensed Guild Dealer for around $2400 shipped from New Hampshire to Houston. The price new was the same for the Natural or Burst finishes. I think they MSRP'ed from the factory with the DTAR pickup for between $3800-$4200 at that time and they were regularly advertised by dealers New for around $2800-$3000. Hope this info helps my friend and now that I know you are looking for one I will keep my eyes peeled for you but you can't have mine, LOL!

TX

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
What's the word on the jumbo Orphuems ?
Seen one off them for the first time doing a search .

Oh looky Tx has one of those too ! Geez O'petes Tx ! Lol

What can I say Ray, I like my Fat Bottomed Girls! The Orpheum Jumbo is a Fantastic Guitar as well. They have a full 1.75" nut width and a nice full neck. Super light build with Adirondack top and scalloped Adirondack Bracing as well as Honduran Mahogany back and sides. Full Hide Glue Construction. They are extremely resonant with all of that Adirondack for a top and respond extremely well suited to all styles of play from Finger picking to Flat picking to Strumming. Nice deep tone that is Crisp and Clear with a wonderful Touch response. These are extremely few and far between as they didn't make Many of them at all. Normally see them selling for between $2200-$2600 on the used market depending on condition. Honestly they are in my opinion one of the best guitars to come out of New Hartford across all production.

TX

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually New Hartford production stopped around May 28th, 2014 If I recall Correctly.

TX

Brain fart, Tex. Thanks for correcting. I meant mid-2014, not 2013. Our last LMG event was in 2013, which is sometimes how I remember the years (incorrectly) :)

And, yeah, more than 5 years there... That was longer than Corona or Tacoma, by the way, Ray. Still an unfortunately small timeframe. :(

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
@Tx

Can't have yours huh ? And now that you know I'm looking you'll buy them too ! Lmao , Hey Ray look at what I .... nah I'll get that one too!

😠 😜

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I doubt Tex will part with his Orpheum Jumbo anytime soon. I too have one, and it's not leaving the house for awhile unless an emergency of some kind crops up. You don't see them come up for sale often and they truly are nice guitars. You will be able to find a good F 50R though and I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I doubt Tex will part with his Orpheum Jumbo anytime soon. I too have one, and it's not leaving the house for awhile unless an emergency of some kind crops up. You don't see them come up for sale often and they truly are nice guitars. You will be able to find a good F 50R though and I doubt you'd be disappointed.

My interest is the F50R hoping for a Sunburst .

I see an Orph but they want like 3,800 which is to much for my wants. ;)

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
@Tx

Can't have yours huh ? And now that you know I'm looking you'll buy them too ! Lmao , Hey Ray look at what I .... nah I'll get that one too!

 

I'm sorry Ray, I was not aware that the entire Guitar playing world has to stop loving and playing the models they do because you are interested in them once every 6 months. I have no desire for another Orpheum Jumbo. Best of luck in what ever you are looking for. Feel free to send me updates so I know what I am not supposed to look at. :wink-new:

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry Ray, I was not aware that the entire Guitar playing world has to stop loving and playing the models they do because you are interested in them once every 6 months. I have no desire for another Orpheum Jumbo. Best of luck in what ever you are looking for. Feel free to send me updates so I know what I am not supposed to look at. :wink-new:

TX

Haha you know I'm just jealous you keep getting what you want brother just throw a party every once and awhile us so we can come down grill out and hear some those sweet tangs . I'll even cook 😜

Oh I not interested in the Orphs I'm a rosewood lover :) wait , do they make with Rosewood ? Haha

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Ray,

Chaz are you sure it wasn't '14?
I'd expect you too know better'n me, but I thought Fender announced the sale in '14 and it took the better part of a year and a half for Cordoba to actually start building, in mid last year (2016) as I remember, right?
(fully prepared for 50 lashes with wet noodle if I've got my history bollixed up)